Keep me in your prayers as well, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Next Monday, the 21st, I'm having open-heart surgery. I have an anuerism of the ascending aorta. They are going to remove and replace about 3" of the aorta. I'll be in Duke Medical Center for 5 days, then home for a minimum of 6 weeks. Guess I've got to close up shop for a while. I'm not worried one bit though, as I've placed it all in the Lord's hands.

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Jim,

Hope all goes well for you and and a VERY speedy recovery!
Please keep us informed as you are able, after you return from the hospital.

Jim

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Best of luck, Jim! You will be in my prayers. The docs at Duke are great and you will come through with flying colors.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wishing you all the very best, Jim!

You are fortunate to have access to the great care and expertise there at Duke. One of the very best in the country.

Take care of yourself when you get out and you will be back in the shop makin' sawdust in no time!:wsmile:

Take care and listen to the doc's!

Wayne

bitbight

New User
Ray
Been there, done that, got the little metal valve to prove it. Just take it one day at a time Jim, you will need to give everything chance to heal after the surgery. You will be back up and running on full steam in no time at all. Take care.

cskipper

Cathy
I always figure that extra prayers cant hurt, so I'll be sending some your way. Take care and follow the doctor's advice during recovery. please keep us informed as you can, and let us know if we can help in any way.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Jim, best wishes to you for this important process. You will have plenty of time to get caught up, once you heal completely.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Best of luck to you and we will be thinking about you, need some help, just ask and I am sure you will have many woodworkers coming to your aid.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Jim: Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have a small aneurysm in the same area that we are "watching," so I understand your concerns.

You have the right attitude, and your faith will carry you through. You'll be in our prayers as well.

:wsmile:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Best wishes for a complete and rapid recovery!
Outstanding attitude~
You may certainly be assured you will be in many prayers, as well as your care-givers.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Best wishes for a successful procedure, Jim. Even us Tarheels appreciate the quality health care Duke provides :mrgreen:

Roger

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim you have my prayers for a complete and speedy recovery. I know the Lord will be with you every step of the way.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jim,

My prayers are with you. May the path be easy and may the recovery be swift. Please let us know how you are doing.

Ray

JRD

New User
Jim
Jim,

I'm honored that you asked. You will be in my daily prayers until we hear you're doing ok.

You're going to the right place. I've always told my wife, if it's serious, send me to Duke!

Jim

nblong

New User
Bruce
My mother was a professor of nursing at Duke. You'll be in good hands. Hang in there and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors