Jeff Mills......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Guys and Girls, fellow staff members of NCWW. The time has come to take action and to hopefully bring Jeff Mills into Compliance with the website policies of NCWW. Jeff is a longstanding member of NCWW and has been a great help to the members here, (wood runs, etc.) However, He has repeatedly taunted and tested the BOD and Staff of this great community. Multiple warnings have been publicly and privately put before Jeff and he continues to test the policies that we have all chosen to uphold. The BOD have in the majority have decided to "auto moderate" all posts that Jeff makes for a period of not less than thirty days from the date of January 25th 2010, and shall remain in effect until February 25th 2010. This means when Jeff Mills replies to any post, starts any thread, etc. the post or thread is put in Moderation Que until a Staff Member of NCWW approves the post or thread. I as Webmaster will send a PM to Jeff outlining the actions taken by the BOD and Staff of NCWW. Our job as staff will require us to be aware of any post or thread posted by Jeff and to individually approve or reject the posts made by Jeff based on Policy alone. Our personal thoughts and feelings must not play into our decisions to allow or deny any post or thread. Please apply only NCWW policy to your decisions to deny or approve Jeff's posts. This is not going to be an easy thing to do but I and others on the BOD feel it is extremely necessary that this action is initiated and strictly adhered to. Please reply to this thread in a quick manner as we need to put this behind us and move forward.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well said. Let me add one thing. If you are unsure about whether to approve or reject a post please start a thread in the Moderators forum.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sad it come to this, but he's earned it.

Anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

Jim

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I will be talking to him today or tomorrow to talk things through. His ultimate status will depend a lot on that conversation.

TracyP

Tracy
OK, I'll put this on hold until you speak to him. I would love to see him volunteer to behave without having to take this step.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
OK, I'll put this on hold until you speak to him. I would love to see him volunteer to behave without having to take this step.

Me too, but I wont hold my breath or bet the house on it. We have to try everything before we take a drastic step. Thanks for the consideration.

TracyP

Tracy
Me too, but I wont hold my breath or bet the house on it. We have to try everything before we take a drastic step. Thanks for the consideration.

I agree 100%. I thought about this thread all night. Not something I want to do by any means. Thanks for taking on the tough talk. I don't envy you.:nah:

cskipper

Cathy
I hope he agrees to do better too. However, even if he agrees, we are still going to review all of his posts, correct? If the right opportunity presents itself, I don't think he'll be able to resiste making his sarcastic/rude/inconsiderate post. Let's hope I am wrong.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
As I recall, Jeff has been through a few incarnations here, he was kicked once, and quit once. So this will be like a third strike against him - and we have thrown A LOT of pitches that he has fouled off. I support the move, but had to check the calendar, as I have recently lost track of what day it is... Thanks for moving this forward.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Understood. I'll do my best.

Since I've been absent for a time, I'll probably look to the other mods & admins for guidance. I appreciate the help.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Jeff has been on since monday, but I haven't found anything in the moderation que yet for him.... Has he stopped posting? or are other people catching those?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hopefully, he's not just waiting for Feb 26th. Perhaps we should be extra vigilant for a few days, just as this restraint expires.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
As I will discuss tonight, Jeff has decided to reduce his involvement here. I expect his posts to be minimal and limited to wood-related topics.

cskipper

Cathy
Nice to give him the opportunity to step out. Kind of a shame in that the other potential trouble makers still don't know there is a hammer at the end of that arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS