Inventory of picnic items promised and items still needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Is anybody bringing condiments? If not I will bring ketchup, mustard, and relish to go with the hot dogs and hamburgers.

bwat

New User
Bill
I'll bring whatever is needed, IF I can make it. My travel schedule is day to day during Spring and it appears I'll be back on the West coast and unable to attend. :gar-Cr

If anything changes I'll check for needed items the week prior.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Stuart -

I didn't know where you were building (adding on) to your list from, so rather than double post, I added mine to the original thread instead of here. It was Mac and Cheese. I only mention this because others may have done the same. You may want to keep rechecking the original thread.

George

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I gots the OK to go. I can bring bean salad for 15 & vinegar coleslaw for 15.
Anything else?
Oh- if anybody from the Monroe/Concord/East Charlotte corridor is going I got room or gas money either way ya wanna do it. PM me.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
The picnic is only 2 weeks and 5 days from now so I thought it would be good to post a list of what's been promised and what is still needed. There are definitely several things still needed, otherwise, there's going to be quite a run on the BBQ, chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs.

I'll list by category and put the number of people the item will feed in parenthesis if that number is furnished in the reply

SALADS

Potato salad
Pasta salad
No numbers supplied for either of these items

We are very short in this category and could use a lot more potato salad, tossed salad, more pasta salad, and just about any other salad you could think of.

SIDES

9 dozen horse radish deviled eggs
Macoroni & cheese (this is a maybe if the poster can attend)
Fried rice (15-20)
Veggie tray (20ish)
Fruit tray (20ish)
7 layer mexican dip and chips (30)

This is a category that is still a bit short. Things like baked beans, non-horse radish deviled eggs, cole slaw (what's a BBQ without good ole slaw), or any other side item you want to bring would be helpful.

BREADS

4 pans corn bread (36)
6 loaves homemade bread (50)

We still need hamburger & hot dog buns, rolls, and some plain loaf bread

DESSERTS

Pig picking cake (10-12 slices)
Death by chocolate (25) (if you gotta go what better way to go than
by overdosing on chocolate
Chocolate fudge and brownies (40)
2 banana cream pies (16-18 )
Peanut butter, chocolate chip, and oatmeal cookies (50)
Blackberry cobblers (20)
Banana pudding (10-15)
Cup cakes (40)
Brownies (4 dozen)
Cheesecake squares

This category is more adequately covered than some of the others but a few more goodies are probably needed.

DRINKS/ICE

30 2 liter soft drinks
2 cases bottled water (24/ case)
17 gallons iced tead

Bruce (Junquecol) seems to have the ice covered.

A couple of cases of bottled water might still be needed

PICNIC SUPPLIES

PeteB, PChristy, NCTurner, and Terry seem to have these needs covered.

This list is as complete as I could get it as of 8 PM on Monday night. We hope we have a huge turnout (setting a new record) and have our fingers crossed that there will be enough food without having to revert to a modern day miracle of the loaves and the fishes. :roll:

If you are planning to attend the picnic, and we hope you do, and haven't signed up to bring a dish, now would be a good time to do it.

It would be easier to track if you posted what you plan to bring on this thread.

As far as the Picnic Supplies, I beleive we are covered but lets go over what each of us are bringing. Terry- I am bringing all cups-plates-knives -forks-spoons-napkins-salt and pepper-table cloths. This will cover for 350 people. Table Cloths for 100 tables which I wonder if we need 100 tables but have it covered. Plus 6 Dozen Horseradish Devil Eggs. I hope that will cover most of this. Terry:eusa_thin:dontknow:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Stuart -

I didn't know where you were building (adding on) to your list from, so rather than double post, I added mine to the original thread instead of here. It was Mac and Cheese. I only mention this because others may have done the same. You may want to keep rechecking the original thread.

George

We are checking both places. Since everything had been summarized on this thread, I thought it would easier to track if the new items were posted here and I mentioned that on the summary thread. But, it works either way, no problem at all.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Who is collecting donations for the BBQ? I haven't seen details on this and want to contribute.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Who is collecting donations for the BBQ? I haven't seen details on this and want to contribute.

My understanding (Dave might want to confirm this) is that NCWW is providing the meats.

Yes we (NCWW) are providing the meat. But if you want to contribute please offer to bring other things to the Picnic. Everything else is planned to be provided by member's contributions. Or you can contribute with help in the cooking/storing/chopping/serving of the main course.

Dave:)

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Yes we (NCWW) are providing the meat. But if you want to contribute please offer to bring other things to the Picnic. Everything else is planned to be provided by member's contributions. Or you can contribute with help in the cooking/storing/chopping/serving of the main course.

The cooking, chopping, and storing of the BBQ pork is pretty well covered. That will be done on Friday and I have my helpers already in place, However, we might need one or two more to help with cooking the chicken, hamburgers/hot dogs on Saturday. We're also going to need things such as the BBQ sauce and a couple of rolls of aluminum foil. I made a post a couple nights ago about about needing several bottles of sauce and have only gotten one response for a gallon of vinegar based sauce. After considering this gallon and the fact that half of the "Q" will be pre-mixed with a vinegar based sauce the night before, we won't need any more of that type. However, we will need several bottles of the Memphis/Kansas City style mentioned in this thread. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f23/another-picnic-item-needed-not-previous-inventory-post-22744/ I mentioned 15-20 bottles. I think 20 is probably closer to having an adequate amount on hand.

This is something desperately needed. If anyone has not decided what to bring, several bottles of this would be a big help.

When Dave mentioned "provided by members contributions" he did not mean financial contributions. He meant contributing a "Pot Luck" food item.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Ok!
Thanks NCWW!
In addition to the tater salad and SunDrop we'll bring along an assortment of sauces...home made pickled Cayenne pepper juice (vinegar, salt, lots of heat), home made Bread and Butter Jalapeno juice (vinegar, sugar, salt, medium heat), Cajun Power garlic sauce (mild heat, salt, garlic, ground red peppers, tomato), Nealy's Interstate BBQ sauce(Memphis style), Calhoun's Rib Sauce(Knoxville/Memphis style), Honey Monks sauce(Lexington), Malox, etc.

"Come on Baby light my fire."

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Thanks for stepping up Mark. It sounds like those sauces will be good. Better print up some temperature signs for those with tender tongues. :gar-La;

sapwood

New User
Roger
Put me down for some sauce, too.
Previously thought LOML would attend and whip up something. However, she has to be at a conference and I'm not much of a cook :confused_

So it will just be me and bottles of sauce :icon_scra

Roger

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Put me down for some sauce, too.
Previously thought LOML would attend and whip up something. However, she has to be at a conference and I'm not much of a cook :confused_

So it will just be me and bottles of sauce :icon_scra

Roger

And sauce is what we need. Thanks Roger.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well I am planning on bringing my most favorite BBQ sauces (or dip as it's called in those parts) This is from where my family is from and where I was first introduced to BBQ and what I will always consider they way it should be, although I have grown to accept other flavors too. It's Western KY mutton BBQ dip, mutton was used because it was plentiful, and needed slow cooking to tenderize it. I am sure it will taste just as good on fall-off-the-bone tender pork as it will on old sheep. It's vinegar based, but has a hint of spice (not hot but spicy like pumpkin pie).
There will be about a quart or two, it's thin so it will go along way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors