I'm Jumping on the Cedar Wagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
I just finished (well kinda finished) A Eastern Red Cedar bench I wanted this bench to be as rustic as possible its about 3 1/2 feet long & perfect height I have Alan to thank for the ERC this bench will be outside & I havent figured out what kind of finish I want to put on it! but I'm sure I can search the forums for some good info on finishing out door furniture! Any ways thanks for looking!

bench1_Small_.JPG

bench2_Small_.JPG

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Man that is nice. I like that you didn't saw the edges of the top...just left the natural curves. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Yeah Ncdawgs1882, The bench looks great I like the long tenons. Or is that wide tenons? I'm kinda fond of cedar myself. This is a repost I think. But here's a bench I made recently.

newload025.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Jonathan: I just finished the Richfield Pattern swing with General 450, a water based acrylic with UV protection. The guy from General Finishes guaranteed me it would not change the color of the wood and would give great protection.

So far, he's on the money. The finish looks milky in the can but goes on and dries perfectly clear. I'd give it a shot.

J

jeff...

Nice benches you guys - gotta love working with slabs, slabs are my favorite.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Jonathan- that looks great!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'm glad you are making good use of that ERC. Maybe, I should have held some back:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good work man :icon_thum Cedar is quickly becoming one of my favorite woods despite it's ( sometimes frustrating ) challenges :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors