How to picture frame in a Flat screen TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I have a 42" flat Screen, which I would like to picture frame in.
Has anyone tackled this or have any experience with this project.
There are several questions that come to mind.
Like how to fasten it to the TV or wall, cooling of the TV.
Do you build a frame and then add trim around it/build trim, etc.

:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:icon_scra

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Good questions - I'll have to keep my eye on this post.
What kind of flat screen? I have a 42 inch LCD - and that puppy puts off some heat.

I've been considering an "entertainment center" built around the TV. Never considered framing it in. Good idea.

Outa Square

New User
Al
I looked at doing that myself. I didn't/haven't gotten around to the design/implementation yet....:gar-La;.

I like the idea of using one-way mirror glass, when the tv is off it looks like a mirror and when it is one you see the tv. Cooling is going to be very important but can be addressed with some fans. I would imagine you could use computer enclosure fans... you can get some that are fairly quiet.

They make in-wall brackets but you could use standard wall mount bracket but you'll have to carefully design a support system, the in-wall brackets are made to attach between the studs and the wall mount to the front of the studs/wallboard.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I saw a pretty neat idea a few years back. Unfortuneately, I have no pictures.
Basically, they just created an area on their wall with paint (a dark color) that was a little larger than the TV. They then used very nice frameing stock and created a framed in look around the the painted area. After mounting the TV on the wall in the center of all this, the result looked very much like a framed TV. The real beauty of the system is the TV can be removed from the wall without disturbing the frame. I thought the idea was a good one and pretty easy to accomplish.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have a 42" flat Screen, which I would like to picture frame in.
Has anyone tackled this or have any experience with this project.
There are several questions that come to mind.
Like how to fasten it to the TV or wall, cooling of the TV.
Do you build a frame and then add trim around it/build trim, etc.

:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:icon_scra

Who needs a flat screen, you can do just as well with a full tube TV and some Redneck engineerin'

RedneckFlatScreenA.jpg

RedneckFlatScreenB.jpg

I'm no help, but dang that's funny :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS