Hooper Sale (What did you walk away with?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threejs

New User
David
I am going to go ahead and start a thread for this. If you guys do not go, then you really are missing out. When I left, there is lots of wood for not much $ and lots of tools left.

Myself, I walked away with the following items:
-Craftsman plane (roughly a #7 or #8) I haven't measured it yet, but it is longer than my #6.
-Stanley #71, #78 x 2 (One has the fence), #190
-Spoke shave
-A draw knife
-Frued Combination Blade 50T

and a bunch of smaller stuff. When I left there was still lots of good deals.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
David, It was nice to meet you.

I bought about 15 bd ft of cherry, a metal cabinet, some chassis punches and an electrical curcuit tracer. I wanted to buy much more, like the shaper, but my shop is already bursting at the seams, so I've had to limit myself to only buying what I have an immediate need for. There's sure a lot of good buys left if anyone else is interested.

Charley

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, sounds like some good stuff! Too bad it was a little too far, now I know how you Charlotte people feel when the Raleigh folks get goodies. :)

But, no pics, didn't happen!

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
OK Bas, it did happen. Here's my loot :)

salepic.jpg

Seriously though, I really appreciate Mrs. Hooper opening her garage to us - I browsed around for over an hour and enjoyed myself. I had to stop spending, because there were tons of little tidbits hanging around.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Pics to follow: ~22 bdft oak, 9 bdft cedar, bunch of patterns for bandsaw cut-outs, two small boxes, hippy dippy clipboard, and the stand w/Christnas ornaments.

I enjoyed meeting Tracy, David and Charley; of course, seeing Jerry again as well.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Sweet! Man you guys suck!!! :) I need to start getting up early in the morning and scour yard sales for hand tools....

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I bought a cabinet loaded with screws, nuts, bolts, washers, etc. I got sick early this am and had to leave but went back about 11:30 and picked up my score. I also bought some odds and ends. There is still a ton of stuff left and all is priced to sell as Jerry said. I will post pictures after I sort it all out and organize it. If you haven't been you need to go, you can email Jerry or Mrs. Hooper for an appointment to see, or you can go tomorrow from 1 until 5.

Last edited:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Well I met up with Tracy , Pete, Charles ,Rick and David and did find some much needed goodies.A hand plane,24 sq ft of cushion floor mats that go together like a puzzle,they work,box of sanding drum arbors and the drums in a variety of grits and sizes,a milling m/c vise,and my wife walked out with a hand full of her own findings.I'm going back to pick up the plywood and mdf.All in all,a good day.Thanx to Jerry for setting it up.

Last edited:

TracyP

Tracy
Well I met up with Tracy , Pete, Charles ,Rick and David and did find some much needed goodies.A hand plane,24 sq ft of cushion floor mats that go together like a puzzle,they work,box of sanding drum arbors and the drums in a variety of grits and sizes,a milling m/c vise,and my wife walked out with a hand full of her own findings.I'm going back to pick up the plywood and mdf.All in all,a good day.Thanx to Jerry for setting it up.

So you are the one that got my vise:BangHead::BangHead::rotflm::rotflm:. I guess when you snooze you lose.:eusa_booh

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
That cabinet with all the screws and bolts was pretty tempting, and a great price. I wasn't ambitious enough to attempt getting it home, great score Tracy!

TracyP

Tracy
That cabinet with all the screws and bolts was pretty tempting, and a great price. I wasn't ambitious enough to attempt getting it home, great score Tracy!

I don't have room for the cabinet in my shop. I took it any way as Mrs Hooper said it all went together. I am going to give the cabinet away. It will take me a little while to get everything sorted through. However it was pretty well sorted as it was. Everything in it's own little tray or compartment. I would hate to guess how much all of that hardware was worth:dontknow:. I did get it at a steal though.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Good on ya, Tracy. I went back around, tempted to buy that cabinet, but was relieved to see "SOLD" on it. :wink_smil

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I am going to go ahead and start a thread for this. If you guys do not go, then you really are missing out. When I left, there is lots of wood for not much $ and lots of tools left.

Myself, I walked away with the following items:
-Craftsman plane (roughly a #7 or #8) I haven't measured it yet, but it is longer than my #6.
-Stanley #71, #78 x 2 (One has the fence), #190
-Spoke shave
-A draw knife
-Frued Combination Blade 50T

and a bunch of smaller stuff. When I left there was still lots of good deals.

I think I left with the best thing of all-----a good feeling about the support from members of NCWW, which seems typical of the membership.
It did not cost me anything either-------now that is the bargain of all bargains.:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:notworthy:.

Jerry

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Boy, am I sorry I missed out on this. Looks like some goodies were had!

So ... who got the shaper? Speak up!

TracyP

Tracy
Boy, am I sorry I missed out on this. Looks like some goodies were had!

So ... who got the shaper? Speak up!

Jeremy, it is still there and they will be there from 1-5 tomorrow. I can show up and help you load it:rotflm:. It might as well be brand new!!!!! What time shall I meet you?

SSuther

New User
Stan
As Jerry will attest, I spent about 4 hours just walking, looking, thinking and talking. Ultimately lighteded Dianne's load and my wallet considerably. Lots of stuff- have not had time to get it out of the van yet- tools, bits, blades, wood, sandpaper. Priced reasonable and happy to have the opportunity, but sad for Steve's passing. Hey, all these tools are just temporarily in our care, you know. I've got lots of relatively antique hand tools where I am at least the second or third "owner." You can't take it with you, so enjoy it and take care of it for the next woodworker. Any of you who couldn't make it Saturday, there's still lots to choose from, so go and help Dianne simplify her life. Thanks, Jerry!

TracyP

Tracy
Stan it was great to meet you today. I think you and I spent more time making sure that we had looked at everything than we did buying things:rotflm::rotflm:

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
Just so sorry I had to work thru this weekend - glad to hear that a craftsman's tools were so appreciated and shared (as a custodian of several heirlooms myself, there's nothing like a 50-100+ year old plane or drawknife...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS