Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Re: Home Depot closeout on Ridgid Bnadsaw and Drillpress

HD_BD_Receipt_003.JPG

Awesome deal there, Bob!!!!

Ridgid bandsaws, jointers and drill press prices haven't budged up here in Cary!:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Glad that you were able to latch onto one.

Now. Lets see some sawdust fly a bit!

Congratulations.

Wayne

(Posted your pic. Hope you don't mind.)

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
HD on Carolina Beach Rd., outside Wilmington has the bandsaw and drillpress on sale for HALF PRICE! Am headed there tomorrow morning for the bandsaw @ $184.50. Not the bandsaw of choice, but I can't pass up this deal!
I also called their big store in WIlmington (it's closer to Hampstead) and it wasn't reduced. Oh well... off to Carolina Beach rd!

Wish me luck!
Aw Man, You had to say it, Before my wife and I left Myrtle Beach we had lived in Wilmington off Carolina Bch Rd, I miss that area. Now living here in Ga. in Cartersville I had the same problem most here are having getting this deal. The local store in Cartersville did not have these on sale and we are a 10 minute drive from Marietta and Kennesaw Ga. which is where I found these on sale. Its just weird how H.D. and Lowes do these clearances, I,ll never figure them out but a friend I made here works for H.D. and he told me about the clearance. So far I,ve gotten the R4511 for $269, The Jointer for $149, the bandsaw for $153 and the D.P. for $143, they take the Harbor Freight coupon for 20% off here since there is one right down the street. So for about $700 I,ve gotten a completely new woodworking section of tools to replace the old Delta stuff I bought at Lowes over the past4-5 yrs and now have to sell them, Hopefully for more than what I paid since most of them were good deals too:gar-La;

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Hi Wayne (Canuck),

No, I don't mind at all! This was my first attempt at posts with pics and had a terrible time of doing it. I took both pics with intentions of posting both and have no idea why only one appeared and the other did as a (broken) link! I hate this PC problem-solving stuff and is why I don't keep a hammer in the same room!

happy WW,
Bob

thrytis

New User
Eric
The Home Depot in Burlington on Kirkwood Drive (i think it is exit 143 on I40/I85) has at least one bandsaw for $184 in the box as of about 7:00 pm on Tuesday. They also have a display bandsaw near the tool rental which i think had a price tag of something like $299, but i would imagine you could get it for at least $184 seeing as that is the label on the shelf for a boxed one.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark

I'm actually in the market (sort of) for a drill press. Is the Ridgid model any good? At that price it'll be hard to beat, but if it's a marginal machine then I'll wait to get a deal on CL.

I have a drillpress in the shop at my disposal, but it's my brothers, and is subject to metal working. I am on a very slow quest to get all of his tools out of "my" shop, so I don't have to worry about metal in my wood, or on my tools.

I have the Ridgie drillpress (CL gloat) and have used it for about 2 1/2 years now. I find it is a very good tool. The fit and finish on it are top, the overall quality is remarkably good. Operation is smooth, capacity is competitive with others in this size range. It does have some nice little touches, such as the built-in light (although not all that bright), a tool tray, a clip for the chuck-key, a stable base and a wide table useful in ww'ing. Some things I did to 'improve' mine included putting casters on it so I could easily move it and a larger auxiliary table.

It is fairly straightforward to change speeds by shifting belts around, but not as convenient as dialing in a speed as on some upper end DPs. The throat depth is reasonable and the travel as well. Would I buy it again? Yes, and definitely if they were going out the door at these prices!

gritz

New User
Robert
My "inside" information is that these large Rigid tools are all listed as "cannot re-order." That means a closeout is likely, but not predictable. If the sale price does not appear in their computer a store would take the markdown hit instead of corporate. They don't like to do that.

I have my insider at HD checking their computer prices each morning and they will call me for a credit card number when the sale price appears.

That is what I did with the Granite top tablesaw. One trip to pick it up was all I made. No time or gas spent running around and checking. My advice...make a friend at HD.

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
Deal on the Delta 17-950L

Thanks to cpowell I went to Lowes in Raleigh this morning and picked up the last Delta drill press they had. It was marked $349 but armed with a copy of Chuck and Ben's receipts the manager agreed to sell it for the same price, $150. You can find a copy of their receipts here http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f77/delta-clearance-29685/ I'd post mine but right now but don't know what the URL is. I will be glad to email to anyone that wants to use it to try to get the same deal. You better move quickly though, these machines seem to be going fast.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Re: Deal on the Delta 17-950L

Thanks to cpowell I went to Lowes in Raleigh this morning and picked up the last Delta drill press they had. It was marked $349 but armed with a copy of Chuck and Ben's receipts the manager agreed to sell it for the same price, $150. You can find a copy of their receipts here http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f77/delta-clearance-29685/ I'd post mine but right now but don't know what the URL is. I will be glad to email to anyone that wants to use it to try to get the same deal. You better move quickly though, these machines seem to be going fast.

Sweet!
Don't we have some wonderful enabler on the site :gar-Bi

Roger

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

Thanks for the heads up tommy, I need neither machine but check my local HD faithfully whenever I am town for a possible closeout on the Ridgid OSS. Now I know that these two have been marked down I will watch even more closely. :wsmile:
+1

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
I was in the local H.D. today and they are now having a closeout sale on the Ridgid Bandsaw @ $184 and the Drillpress @ $160, may be regional right now but after seeing the way the jointer and granite tablesaw went these would be next in line, better check it out if interested, Love their lifetime guarantee, better than Delta and Lowes!

Our local HD sold one just like it, I bought it, under $200 with tax. I used it tonight. I need a drill press but I did not see that one on close out. My bandsaw was the floor model.

jimsto2

New User
Jim
I got the Ridgid band saw and drill press in at HD in Danville, VA this past Saturday.

Band Saw $184.50
Drill Press $149.50

Plus they honored my 10% Lowe's coupon from the post office change of address packet.

Thet had other stuff at half price too. I noticed the Dewalt circular saws marked down from $140 to $69.

I've checked out HD in Matthews & South Charlotte this week but nothing is marked down there yet.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
I got the Ridgid band saw and drill press in at HD in Danville, VA this past Saturday.

Band Saw $184.50
Drill Press $149.50

Plus they honored my 10% Lowe's coupon from the post office change of address packet.

Thet had other stuff at half price too. I noticed the Dewalt circular saws marked down from $140 to $69.

I've checked out HD in Matthews & South Charlotte this week but nothing is marked down there yet.

I need to go see if the drill press is marked down here.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
The Home Depot in Burlington on Kirkwood Drive (i think it is exit 143 on I40/I85) has at least one bandsaw for $184 in the box as of about 7:00 pm on Tuesday. They also have a display bandsaw near the tool rental which i think had a price tag of something like $299, but i would imagine you could get it for at least $184 seeing as that is the label on the shelf for a boxed one.

Now why did you have to post this. I don't know how hard the tax man may bite. :cry_smile Lets see now I have to repeat. Resistance is not futile. Resistance is not futile.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
The HD in Hillsborough has a Rigid Drill press floor model marked down to $184. I really want it:5sigh:, but I like my marriage better :eusa_naug, so someone, please buy it so I don't have to look at it! :eusa_pray

Good luck, Dan

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Just get it and tell your wife it is mine and you are storing it for me because my wife will not let me get it and I will go see if I can find one to store at my shop for you!

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Need your purchase info

Hello folks,
I just joined the site after lurking for a few weeks. I'll intro myself in a while, but for now I need your help. After reading on this and a few other sites about the bandsaw and drill press deal, I decided to go ahead and purchase one of each at the regular price and get a refund when my local HD put them on clearance. My 30 days are about up, so I went by HD last week and spoke to the asst. mgr one night. He took the info and called me the next day, saying his manager said if he could confirm that any other HD was selling them at that price, they would honor it for me. I gave him the Hillsborough and Wilmington stores for starters and he called them. He said they told him that those were returns and not clearance items.

If you have purchased either of these items at the clearance prices and would post the exact store (address or store #), date and any other info you think would help, I would be most appreciative.

Looking forward to spending time on this site.

Thanks,
Brent

thrytis

New User
Eric
Re: Need your purchase info

I purchased a drill press (item # of receipt was 430264) for $149.50 at the HD on 2741 Kirkwood Drive, Burlington, NC 27216, (336) 513-2218 on 16 February. This was new in the box, sealed, marked on the shelf. The store also had a band saw on clearance next to it, in the box and marked on the shelf.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent

I purchased a drill press (item # of receipt was 430264) for $149.50 at the HD on 2741 Kirkwood Drive, Burlington, NC 27216, (336) 513-2218 on 16 February. This was new in the box, sealed, marked on the shelf. The store also had a band saw on clearance next to it, in the box and marked on the shelf.

Thanks Eric,

I called that store and talked with Mike at the Pro Desk. He said they have them at that price and that he would be glad to tell my local HD that they were not floor models, missing parts, etc.

Now to find a store that is still selling the jointer for $199.....

Brent

sberube

New User
seb

Geez, nothing like that in Concord. I've been going to HD every week, and no clearance tags anywhere on Ridgid tools :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS