Hi to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

theartist09

New User
Jim
Hi to all on this site, I live in Lenoir,N.C. which is at the foothills of the mountains. I'm looking forward to the forums and becoming better at the art of woodworking.

Jim :thumbs_up

theartist09

New User
Jim
Woodworking

I do alot of custom furniture but i also do a lot turning when i have time. i do pen,bowls,lidded boxes........ If it's got something to do with wood i wanna do it. When the computer bussiness is a little slow i can be found in the shop.

Thanks for the welcome folks,
Jim

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Jim!

Glad to have you join us.

Post often and join in the fun we have around this little corner of the WWW.:wsmile:

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Jim. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It's great that you could join us. :icon_thum

theartist09

New User
Jim
Thanks again for the warm welcome, i know i'm going to enjoy it here. Everyone have a great day and be safe. I need to start finding my way around on here now so i can start posting things.

Thanks again,
Jim

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Jim.

I used to live in Lenoir about 12 years ago. It's a nice place to be and lots of woodworking going on. I'm surprised we don't have a lot more members from there.

theartist09

New User
Jim
Hi Mike,Lenoir is a good place to live and at one time we had plenty of wood working here but it has almost all gone now. There are just a few plants still open and jobs are really hard to find. As for me i became disabled back in 91 when i had to have a second back operation. So i suppose i'm lucky that i can still walk since i had severe damage to the nerve in my left leg. It took me 16 months to learn to walk the last time and that was with a brace from my foot to my thigh. But i thank God every day i can do what i can, it just takes me a littler longer than others, especially if i'm building a custom piece of furniture, which i have a friend that comes over to help me out. Thanks to all who have sent me the nice welcomes, i'll be posting as soon as i get things together.

Thanks again,
Jim

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
Welcome aboard, Jim. I've only been through Lenoir 3-4 times, and sadly I have never actually stopped to enjoy it... was always eager to get to our final destination. A friend has a place up in Blowing Rock. Lenoir is one of the "islands of light" that we can always pick out in the nighttime panorama.

You'll probably notice that a lot of us like photos here. Before joining I never took pictures of anything I ever made. Now, when I'm working on something, I have to remember to go get my (awful) camera or use my (even worse) camera on my blackberry. Once you find your way around here, be sure to load us up with photos!!! :icon_thum

theartist09

New User
Jim
Thanks Mike and to all the others that have welcomed me here. Mike your really not missing anything here[ i hate to say], but if you want to grab something to eat while coming through, just about everything as you know is on 321 north. I'll be posting some pics soon, i already have a few in my folder, but i'll be uploading more for sure. Have a great day to all of you and thanks again!

Be Safe,
Jim

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Jim......mountains are a perfect place for a workshop...hope you enjoy:eek:ccasion1

theartist09

New User
Jim
thanks for the welcome, do you ever get around these parts? Theres really nothing here anymore. I was born in Elkin but my dad bought a house here when i like 3 years old, so i guess i call this home. Have a great day and be safe.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS