Heres two finished projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
This is the Fish piece with stain glass behind it!

fish.JPG

& heres the welcome sign I did painted red on the front door!

welcome1.JPG

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
wow Jonathan, those look great. I aspire to some greater level of creativity with the scroll saw, but I also need to find the patience for it...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jonathan, I love the seeded blue glass behind the fish. That makes the piece. It's awesome:eusa_clap:icon_thum

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
The glass really makes that piece extra special. The red also sets off the welcome sign very well. What kind of wood did you use for that?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jonathan, very very nice. The both are great. Are those patterns your design?

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
I cant remember what types of wood I used for both pieces they were scraps I had laying around that were both big enough I almost wish I did the fish pattern in 1/4" BB ply but it came out good!

I didn't design those patterns I got them a while back before I figured out how to make patterns. But I'm working on an original design of a Koi fish now & hope to have it done in the next couple of days!

The fish pattern took me about 16 hrs to complete it was actually one of the first patterns I tried & then I figured I would wait til I get a little more practice under my belt before I finish it!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great work, Jonathan!!!!:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:icon_thum

My favorite is the Welcome Sign.!!!!!

How you scrollers do such intricate work amazes me every time I see it!

:notworthy:

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
But I'm working on an original design of a Koi fish now & hope to have it done in the next couple of days!

Let me know when you get the Koi pattern completed and tried. I know some folks that will buy anything Koi related...seriously, they are a strange breed. Folks that have swimming pool sized Koi pond taking up their entire backyard. That erect green houses over them for the winter so their 3-4' long "carp" will keep growing.
I know a guy who has a fish worth more than I make in a year....and it won't even fetch a stick or catch a mouse :roll:

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Yeah for sure Dave that'll be awsome if they wanted to buy some of my work it'll be the first piece I've sold ever!

Let me know when you get the Koi pattern completed and tried. I know some folks that will buy anything Koi related...seriously, they are a strange breed. Folks that have swimming pool sized Koi pond taking up their entire backyard. That erect green houses over them for the winter so their 3-4' long "carp" will keep growing.
I know a guy who has a fish worth more than I make in a year....and it won't even fetch a stick or catch a mouse :roll:

childe

New User
Chris
I really like the glass behind the sunfish. That is a Creative Woodworks & Crafts pattern. If anyone wants to try it you can get that pattern for free at www.woodworksandcrafts.com/issues/current.shtml . Just scroll down at look to the left for the free sunfish pattern. I subscribe to this magazine, and it has some pretty good patterns in it from time to time.

Chris

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
great pieces. I also use patterns from the same magazine and also Scroll Saw Wprkshop magazine. I just had about 10 patterns from them for my next projects. I do more intarsia than fretwork.
Rita541

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
great pieces. I also use patterns from the same magazine and also Scroll Saw Wprkshop magazine. I just had about 10 patterns from them for my next projects. I do more intarsia than fretwork.
Rita541

I would Really like to learn/start Intarsia but have no idea where to begin or how to do it & is it different types of wood to get different looks? also when you cut the pattern is there a rule about staying on one side of the line or on the line???

childe

New User
Chris
Jonathan, I found that when I began doing intarsia it was best to stay on the inside edge of the line. This would create a small gap between the pieces. Reason being, if your not that experienced yet, and try to go directly on the line this creates a tighter fit, but if you deviate a little it can create larger gaps. Remember that the backer board is truly what adheres the piece together, and not so much the joints. You can do a lot with sanding, and contouring to hide imperfections. Using softer woods at first, and sharp blades, can really help in the learning process. Just take on smaller plans to start with also, because if you take on something with too many pieces you can get frustrated.
Chris

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice work, Jonathan!
You definitely have an eye for design.
And you will only get better :thumbsup:

Roger

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good job Jonathan :eusa_clap I have tons of respect for the intarsia folks :notworthy:
I gave it a shot and it is definitely not my cup of tea :gar-La; I'm just not very good at fitting things together smoothly ........this includes " real " woodworking like most of the folks in this group do :mrgreen:
I have found my niche in fretwork, portraits and compound cuts
Again, good work :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors