Here you go Dozer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dozer dropped by the shop today while I was working on this, but had to leave before it was finished. He requested that I post a pic of the final results.
So I offer up my segmented cigar in Curly Sycamore with Amboyna and Walnut accents -

Copy_of_Pens_367.jpg

And another one with Dozer's influence. A modified slimline in Mesquite with a African Blackwood center band -

Copy_of_Pens_368.jpg

Thanks Dozer & FredP for the wood and company :icon_thum :icon_thum

Dave:)

Last edited:

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
WOW Dave!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap Those are two gorgeous pens. I can't get over all of the detail in the first one pictured. Great job.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
gorgoues!! might have to talk my little brother into splitting the cost of a lathe with me...of course it would HAVE to stay at my place...

Awesome Pens!!

~Phillip

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What are you going to do with them?

Well, I would love to sell them, but I need a buyer. More than likely they will go into the box of a 1000 pens that I have sitting in my living room, only to be pulled out when some unsuspecting visiter agrees to check out a few of my pens :lol: :lol: :lol:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
DaveO, what would you charge for the mesquite pen? i'd love to have one! a nice pen is like a nice time piece...a subtle nicety!

~Phillip

cskipper

Cathy
Dave, those are very sharp! Where do you live (need directions to be one of those "unsuspecting" visitors:lol:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Great execution on both!
I was wondering what you used for the dark "glue line" on the cigar, your description explained it.
I have the feeling you are starting to understand how I feel about making the blanks. That is more fun than making the pen.
Design possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
The skill needed to execute improves with each attempt!
Keep it up!

dozer

Mike
Dave, They turned out great. The Mesquite was compliments of Fred he gave it to me to give to you.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now, that is a great looking pen 8-O
The design, wood choices, and execution are perfect :icon_thum

And of course, an "assist" goes to Dozer and Fredp :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Roger

tonyps

New User
Tony
Afternoon,

Beautiful pens....So, my question too... What do you do folks do with all these pens you create? Seems like a shame (other than for the obvious admiration factor) to see em just sitting in a bowl/container not being enjoyed, used by others....
Also, what would one of your creations go for? How do guage what to charge if you would part with one (or more)???
Just curious?

Thanks, best to all,

Tony ...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am definitely not an expert pen salesman, nor have I sold many, but I have seen the common going prices. These would be for standard pens, nothing like what Eagle makes, and the prices tend to increase as the complexity of the pen does. Also kit plating has a lot to do with the cost. Pen kits can range from $1.70 to $70.00.
Also the wood used can have a big effect on the price also, some woods take a very long time to make a quality pen out of, and others are just plain expensive, then there is all the other materials like resin castings, antler and rifle casings.
A standard slimline goes in the range of $20-30
Euros, cigars around $30-50
Baron, Navigators, Gents and Statesmen $50 ++

Please correct me if I am wrong

The right price for a pen is what the market will stand YMMV.
If anyone would be interested in buying a pen that I've turned, let me know and I can put a price to it. I would prefer to discuss actual prices in private...Of course there is always the NCWW'er discount applied.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Beautiful work Dave! I really like the segmented pen. When I get a few more blanks, I'll have to see if I can do some thing similar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS