Hello NC Woodworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Good morning from Clinton, NC. My name is Kettrell Strickland. My buddies sometimes call me Kave, hence my handle. I am a real novice to wood working and I really appreciate fine craftsmanship. I'm a fan of The New Yankee Workshop! Norm is my hero.

I'm one of those guys who "may" throw away the assembly instructions thinking, "I don't need the instructions". I watch those home improvement shows and think, "I can do that". But sometimes TV makes everything look simple. But I am a fix it kind of guy so I think I have some reasonable aptitude & potential.

I have a few tools of the trade but I'm just getting my shop, (which also serves as my Cave/Storage Building) set up. I'm 50 years old, my wife and I have 3 young men in college so pray for us please!

I look forward to discussions with you. I hope you don't mind the occassional rookie questions.

Merry Christmas & Take Care,

Kettrell

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Welcome to the sawdust pile. There are a bunch of great people on the board, not to mention a ton of talent.

Thanks for joining us..

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Kave!:icon_cheers

Kids, college and woodworking tools can get expensive! Three of my four daughters are done. One more to go.

Chin up. Make Craigslist your friend on a daily basis and you will find plenty of deals to get us started with some quality tools.:wsmile:

Lots of great folks here always willing to lend a helping hand and answer most every woodworking question you may have. (And. Remember the only silly question is the one not asked!)

Have fun and stay safe in the shop.

Wayne

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Kave. there are oodles of pics on here for inspiration, and tons of know-how from the members. A few of us even excel at how-not-to. :BangHead:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Kave. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I graduated in '02 from UNCW. Don't worry, it is possible to make it out alive. :gar-La; This is a wonderful group of folks. Feel free to ask questions, etc. Everyone here is very helpful. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to this great site Kave. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. By all means, please ask those rookie questions: we love them. It gives us older f***s a chance to wax poetic, whether we know what we're talking about or not. :rotflm: As someone else said, there are a ton of pics on here, but we'd love to see pics of your shop, tools, projects, whatever. We love pics! :icon_thum

Bill

richlife

New User
Rich
One more welcome, Kave. And Merry Christmas, too.

The craigslist suggestion is a great one. :tool:

THREE! :5sigh: I remember my ONE. But with your shop and some time, you'll survive. :wsmile:

Rich

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the group. Feel free to ask plenty of questions - someone will undoubtedly have had the same issue/question.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome and Merry Christmas. You have landed on the best site on the internet.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
:eek:ccasion1Welcome Kave.....hope to see some of your work.....hope ya have a few cents left to buy some wood after that tuition bill...I know the feeling...merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS