Hello NC, NC native here in Gastonia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMRP1984

New User
Shaun
Hi every one, my name is Shaun and I live in Gastonia. I actually don't do much wood work now because of lack of space and tools however I am closing on a house on the 25th and plan on building a nice shop out back and hitting up a lot of farm auctions and estate sales for some "new to me" tools.

As a kid I was raised of a 100 acre farm in Jackson Creak, Randolph County and would play in the shop with old bits of scrap and my stepdad's tools. I have always felt a sense of pride when I can stand back and say "I made that"

I do have a compound miter say, drill motor, sawzall, and jig saw and fancy myself a Bethlehem carpenter with the tools I do have. Give me some 2by's and some scrap ply and I will entertains myself for hours. I am handy at construction type wood work, IE decks, sheds, framing a wall but am green when it comes to the finer work IE carving, turning, cabinetry.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals and sharing in our experiences.

Regards
Shaun

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Welcome Shaun - glad to have you with us- looking forward to seeing some of your work that you make in your new shop

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Greetings! Sounds like you are doing it right. Getting a shop that comes with a house :)

Jim

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Shaun,

Welcome! There's a lot of good information, and great people here! If there's anything I can do to help you out, just let me know!

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our sawdust pile, Shaun. Glad you found us and we'll look forward to your participation -- great group of folks here...

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to our little group! Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you. I know that we'll be more than happy to help you want tools, tools and more tools!

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
Hey Shaun, welcome to the site. Good to see another person in Gastonia here.

Keep an eye out for the Charlotte "shop crawl" postings. You can spend a Saturday seeing how other people have set up their shop, why they like or don't like the tools they have, where they buy their wood, etc. Plus, you can see how Jeremy (Woodwrangler) manages to fit hundreds of power tools into a two car garage!:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Shaun!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Enjoy and please share some pictures of your work.

Wayne

SMRP1984

New User
Shaun
Thanks all for the warm welcome. As stated above I will not be doing much until I have my new shop that I have to build first, I plan on building a "pole barn" type shop so my first step is finding about 6 poles at least 12' long, I'm thinking about old utility poles but haven't sourced them yet. I don't know about this site but I use a similar site called "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" that also has the community feel although we have members all the way to Australia, on that site we post our Build Pages where we show the progress of a certain project, don't know if you do anything like that here.

Any how thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Watch your thumbs!
Shaun

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Shaun. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Congrats on closing on your new house. Just beware, if you spend too much time on here, you'll end up building your house in the backyard of your new shop. :rotflm:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Shaun to our little sawdust pile. You will get a ton of good advise and few some helping hands when it comes to building and setting up a shop. One warning. If you feed them and offer a cold one some will stay. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors