Hello from Wake County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi All,

I'm a long time builder / volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and an occaisional woodworker in my home shop (a.k.a. garage). In the home shop, I've built small furnishings and accessories through some medium size cases, shelves, etc.

Ray

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Welcome neighbor. I live in Wake Forest, but that isn't very far. Lots of cohorts here in Wake County. I worked out of the garage for a long time, but the wife got tired of that so she agreed to a shop. Look forward to seeing your projects and hearing any advice you may have.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Ray!

Habitat for Humanity is a fantastic cause!:eusa_danc It is not only an excellent means to support the community, but a great way to pick up construction skills, especially for newbies like myself. Reading some of the material here at NCWW, you will soon see that it is a tremendous source for learning new woodworking techniques from many talented people. I would be remiss if I didn't say that there never seems to be a dull moment either!:lol: Lot of very friendly and kind folks around here! (By the way, I too make all of my sawdust in the garage and try to deal with space limitations. One way to keep the cost of owning high end stationary tools down!:cry: )

Look forward to hearing from you here a NCWW.

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Ray, I am glad you could join us. I too am a big fan of Habitat for Humanity. I've built houses with them in 3 different states. I also work out of a garge shop but don't tell my wife, she doesn't know our house has a garage, she thinks it came with a shop:-D I look forward to your input in the forums. See you around!!!!
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the group! I think you'll find us to be entertaining at least, and hopefully informative as well.

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
All you hoity toity people with your "garages". Just go ahead and rub it in our faces, those of us who have to work in a shop that's about the size of a straight jacket!!!! :eusa_booh

"oh poor me, I don't have space for expensive stationary shop tools"
Well I don't have space for inexpensive portable tools, so THERE :lol:

Welcome to the site...not everyone here is as bad as me :slap:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
The problem with garage's is that the better half expects to be able to park her car in there. I suggested to my wife that we could just get her a smaller car, perhaps a Trabant(yuck) or a 1967 Mini:cool:???

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Ahoy there & welcome aboard,

We too are great fans of Habitat for Humanity. Every American should have the opportunity to call a specific piece of property HOME! Looking forward to your participation in the group.

All you hoity toity people with your "garages". Just go ahead and rub it in our faces, those of us who have to work in a shop that's about the size of a straight jacket!!!! :eusa_booh

Sorry Marco...but we believe we have the "smallest shop in North Carolina!"

Attachments

• Duke & Duchess Woodworking Shoppe.JPG
    Duke & Duchess Woodworking Shoppe.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 197

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
I dunno...mine is a shed that is 8' X 10', and those are the outside measurement, and it has a sloped roof so I can only stand completely upright in the middle!!!

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Marco...Yes our friend you do indeed have the "littlest shop" so far...:lol: 80 Sq Ft versus 93.587238 Sq Ft Dang!!! Thought we might win a prize or something...

Duke & Irene

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Ray (neighbor). Great charity there that you are involved with. I wish I had more time to donate myself. Anyway welcome aboard:eusa_danc

sapwood

New User
Roger
Eh Ray,

Glad you spoke up! Habitat for Humanity is truly a worthy organization. I occasionally give a hand to Wake County Resource for Seniors. I lack carpentry skills, but they let me pound nails a few nails building ramps (with close supervision). :lol:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS