Hello from Pineville

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpeterso

New User
Brian
Hello,
I'm extremely new to woodworking. It actually all started from working on cars last summer. My wife's Jetta kept braking down on me, so I constantly had to fix it. Well, I decided to sell it and get something that wouldn't require so much maintenance (every weekend and a few days every week). Since then, I had to figure out what to do with my time... so I decided to try woodworking. I'm an engineer by school and now work, so I had to do something that required some "engineering" thought to keep me going. Now I'm hooked. I've created two leaning ladder shelves, two frames (I routed out two 1/4" slots from red oak and laid in African Padauk in it's place, then sanded down and tung'd), and now I'm working on a cheval mirror (bedroom mirror with stand). The only problem I've noticed now is that my wife loves the fact that I can build furniture. My list is currently growing...beyond my control. At least it's fun, and it's something I will always be able to do... I hope. I need to request a photo gallery so I can post my projects, past and future. I look forward to sharing my work, viewing others, and possibly working/meeting some others close by me.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
bpeterso said:
Hello,
The only problem I've noticed now is that my wife loves the fact that I can build furniture. My list is currently growing...beyond my control.

That's not a problem that's a blessing. You now have the "Mastercard" of tool buying. See my sig. line :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the site, I am glad that you joined us. I look forward to seeing pics of your projects.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Brian,
Welcome to NCWW. I am glad you could join us here. It sounds like you have already completed some interesting projects already. I would love to see so pix of them. Be sure to request a photo album so you can share your projects with us.

D L

bpeterso

New User
Brian
Dave,
You wouldn't be any chance know Mac and Vickie Beasley's in Clayton? They're family, and I believe that Clayton is a fairly small place that you just might know them. Glad to be here.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Brian, I wish I could say that I know those folks, But I don't think I do. Clayton isn't a small town any more, it has become the new Cary in the Triangle area. There just no room for people anywhere else :roll:

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Brian. Glad to hear you've gotten hooked by the woodworking bug and that LOYL is eager to let you enjoy it, too! Look forward to seeing your project pics -- enjoy the site and see you around the forums.

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site! Sounds like a perfect situation to me - LOYL liking the fact that you can build furniture. You'll "need" more tools and probably not have a hassle for quite a while - pretty cool! I can't wait to see pictures of your work - we do LOVE pictures! Enjoy the group.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Welcome aboard Brian. I'm down the road a bit from you in Waxhaw. You'll really enjoy the knowledge base here. It's always beneficial.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site. Listen to Dave... you have the Mastercard of tool buying! Use it wisely. I do know what you mean regarding your list of things to build. My wife has requested I build something to replace every piece of furniture in our bedroom. (can't say I'm complaining). Be sure you post some pictures of your work, we love pictures!

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello and welcome to the site. Beware the woodworking bug, it's very contageous. Enjoy the site!!

MarkW

New User
Mark
Welcome aboard. There's not much better in life than the LOYL wanting you to build something. It almost always leads to new toy...err tools.

Theres quite a few of us in your area, one day we need to get together for lunch like the northern guys do.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Brian, we're glad you discovered NCWWer!

With engineering experience and a supportive wife you are way ahead of some of us:lol: Post some pics and invite LOYL to join you in a review of the Photo Gallery . . . that should create even more demand for projects :-D

Sapwood

bpeterso

New User
Brian
Well, I've added two pics to my gallery. No pictures of my shop, as I don't have one. My current shop is moving everything out of my small shed and working out on my deck. I'm hoping to build a 16'x16' shop to replace my small shed soon so that I can fill it up with more expensive tools. I'm hoping at least, because otherwise I can't get a bandsaw to do some of the projects I want to do in the near future. See you guys around.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
On my deck is how I worked for the first year or so. At the time I didn't have the luxury of a shed, so all my tools were drug in and out of the bedroom closet, until I got my first table saw, which was a portable Craftsman. When my tools started consuming other rooms in the house is when LOML said "Enough you need your own space".:-D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
bpeterso said:
Well, I've added two pics to my gallery.

Nice looking work Brian, I especially like the picture frame you made for your mother. Is it Purpleheart and Oak? and I assume that it's your wedding picture. Your miters are tight a crisp, not the easiest thing to accomplish :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Welcome Brian. I started woodworking about two years ago and haven't had money since :lol::lol::lol: ... though that's true, I've had a great time with the hobby and know you will continue to as well.

I'm located in east Charlotte near the University ... so right around the corner if you ever need anything.

dozer

Mike
Welcome to the site Brian I to am just getting started and also a new member. Have fun buying all the new tools I know that is something I am looking forward to myself:eusa_danc

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Welcome to NC Woodworker! Always glad to see new members coming on board. I checked out the pics you have posted and they are some nice looking projects!:eusa_clap
It sounds like the LOYL will keep you in projects (and tools) for sometime to come! I see some serious tool gloats coming! :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS