Hello from Greensboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL Spicer

New User
Al
Hello all,

Just joined the group and wanted introduce myself. I live in Greensboro, NC and have been a woodworker for the past 30+ years. I have posted some pictures of things I have recently completed in Al's photo gallery. I need to take pictures on the red oak mission style bedroom suite I completed in the last few months and get them up.

Have a great day ,

Al

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Al!
Glad you joined us and look forward to sharing your 30 years of experience. :icon_thum

Roger

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Al!!! We're glad to have you. By the way, I don't think the pictures made it into your gallery. You may want to try again.:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
I just had to pick myself off the floor! WOW. You must have the patience of a saint to do that kind of detailed work. That is AMAZING!!!:eusa_clap

Amiens_Cathedral.jpg

Jennifer.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
:oops: :oops: :oops: 8-O 8-O 8-O Yep, they are there now. I think the Scrollsaw forum will be seeing some action now.

Masterpieces Al :icon_thum

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Al, I am glad that you could join us. I just saw your pics in your gallery and I am speachless...which you will find doesn't happen too often.
Unbelievable work 8-O 8-O 8-O :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

dozer

Mike
Al, Welcome to the site. I have to say that your clocks are some of the most amazing clocks I have seen.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Welcome, Al, and WOW!
I am thinking of making some Mission style bedroom furniture eventually (after the kitchen - LOL) and may pick your brains about that.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hi Al,

I too am at AWE in looking at your scrollsaw work.

Yes, unbelievable... but we see it!

I'm curious about a few things... (hope you can answer)

1. One piece tells us the number of inside cuts there are... Did you actually 'count' them? How do we know if you're off by 1, 2, or 3?? :) :)

2. What kind of scrollsaw do you have & use?

3. What is your favorite blade type & what are the other types you use?

4. Do you finish sand your wood before you cut or after?

5. What kind of glue do you use?

6. What kind of clamps do you use? :) :) :) :)

7. Are all of the joints a simple Butt joint? If not, what?

8. Do you use a special type of software to design your work? If so, what?

OK... that should be enough brain picking for now... :) :)

W e l c o m e . . A b o a r d !!

Thank you.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Al, All I can say is that with the patience you have demonstrated you could probably build the clock works too! Cutting all those geared wheels should be a snap. Somebody give this man some sheet brass.
Roy

dave_the_woodworker

New User
Update your profile with your name
Welcome aboard Al from another Greensboro-ite. Fantastic looking clocks! How many hours did it take you to build the clock in the first picture?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors