Have I sucked the Magic from the Dark side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
:slap: That's for making the rest of us look bad.

:notworthy: This is for making the rest of us look bad.

Flat and round are one :icon_scra

Roger

sawduster

New User
Robert
DOOD !! :swoon: :eek: :swoon: :eek: :swoon: :eek: :elvis:

Even after looking at the WIP pics I don't understand how you did it :icon_scra:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Better not to know ....much more magical that way :mrgreen:

What an awesome gift !! :eusa_clap
.....the gift you made is pretty special too :banana:

JohnW

New User
John
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']England just became a little more sophisticated.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Very special piece David. Nice work.[/FONT]

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Really nice work!!! Did any body else notice that there were TWO(2) bowels in the pictures???? The first picture was a different one from the rest. It has a thicker top band and a very different curve. Is the first one a practice piece?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
David, I believe that you have added to the Magic of the Dark Side.
Absolutely incredible work, I'm in awe.

Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
David,

That is just amazing work/artistry. And I'm still struggling to get a plain ol' bowl turned without messing up. Wow that is beautiful. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Man, what can I say that has not been said. That is one the coolest things I have seen in a very long time. Seriously, you deserve all of the praise.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Well done, nice job not smearing the Bloodwood into the Holly during finishng. Any tricks to pass along on that front?

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
David,

Beautiful work: simple, yet profound. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap A lot of folks will be scratching their heads over that.

Matt

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
IMG_03621.JPG
That's how the death star started out - looked just like that

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
David, You can't send that to England until after the picnic, every body wants to see it in person, even me. that is nice.
dick

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That is absolutely beautiful, David!:notworthy: You have raised to bar to extremely lofty levels...:eusa_clap

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
In looking at the how to pics, I noticed a HF 34706 lathe in the background. Assuming this was turned on that lathe, this is proof positive that the skill and talent of the craftsman is far more important than the tool. used in creating a work of art. Unfortunately, a lot of folks apparently don't understand that.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow,

Simply Amazing! Beautiful, Great, Grand, Awesome, Brilliant!
:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

So Did you turn all the wood inside? I mean I saw this article about a guy cutting out the middle of his pieces to be able to make more bowls from the material?

Thanks for posting such a beautiful piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS