Griz BS Extension Arrived! Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I just emailed them to ask for a hex one also.

I already got a reply saying it is shipping out and to expect it in just a few days. They didn't say anything about the round one; probably costs them less than shipping, so I guess I get to keep it as an attitude adjuster. :gar-La;

Steve W

New User
Steve
Well, I emailed them from work (was able to get my order info online). We'll see now how many of the hex shafts they have left. :dontknow:

I am still a bit mystified as to why the wheels appear to be coplanar with respect to a straightedge, but the blade is tracking near the edge of the lower (drive) wheel and the centre of the upper wheel. That would suggest that the upper wheel needs to move toward the direction of the centre of the lower wheel.:BangHead:

BTW, my instructions had told me to remove the alignment pins from the lower body of the frame and discard them. I would not have been able to align it had I not done that, so the newer and older saws do have some subtle dimensional differences.

:kermit: Steve

CarvedTones

Andy
Did you get instructions inside your box? Mine had nothing but parts, so I had to look at the PDF online (which had those same instructions). I called the guy who sold me the saw. He has a newer one like it and I told him about the great deal and how it went pretty smoothly on my saw. I made nice about the wheel alignment (he only charged me $100, so I figured I had some surprises in store) but he never did tell me how it happened. I was hoping he would come clean when I told him I had it lined up and was happy with it. There aren't any cracks, welds or scars I can find, but my guess is it fell over and got whacked pretty good to get that far out.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Nope, there were no instructions; I had to copy from the www just like you. Not really a problem for me.

I got an email about 20 minutes after I sent mine, saying that they were shipping the correct rod.

Their customer service is very good -- I've bought from them before. Unlike you, I paid what was probably an okay price for mine, then found that it needed a trunnion, tires, upper shaft and now it appears that ther's play in the trunnion (where the upper shaft pivots when adjusting the tracking). It'll be a good saw once I get it sorted out, but I started at $175 for mine.

My eyes are shot tonight, so no shop time and I'm not even going to stay on the computer for much longer. Working in front of a screen all day does that sometimes...

:kermit: Steve

CarvedTones

Andy
I haven't used mine near enough to know whether I am done finding things out and I have only had little ones (a 3 wheel and a 9" two wheel) previously, so I am no expert. I do have a little bit of shakiness that I think is the sheet metal stand. I mounted it to a platform that I can move around with a hand truck and that helped, but I still want to make it a bit sturdier. I think it is the stand, because I can make it shudder even while turned off. I went cheap because my budget was low, so stuff like that is not completely unexpected.

The 3/8" blade that Grizzly provided works okay, but the 1/4" 6 hook I got from Raleigh Saw was a superior blade, no question. Unfortunately, that blade is now way too short. So I may have to plunk down a little more change for another blade or get patient - the Griz blade cuts clean, but I can't feed it wood as fast and it makes more noise cutting less wood - go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS