Great News

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
icon_biggrin.gif
Hi everybody, I just now got off the phone with a guy that wants to supply all the logs I can handle, delivered too
icon_surprised.gif
He has been having to store them at his house untill he gets enough to haul to the big mill. He runs a tree service and does alot of right of way clearing. He said he has about 30 logs he needs to get rid of yesterday. I told him he's running late, but better late than not at all. He is going to come over later today to see where I want them dropped off. Praise God I have been Bless by the BEST. Soon to be much sawdust fly'n round here.
icon_lol.gif

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
Hi All, I have stumbled onto a really good deal. I went to check out his logs yesterday and he doesn't have anythig under 26 inches, I brought two home last night, they are 26 and 29 inches at the small end but there really is no small end, they are all very straight clear logs. Most are 8'6" some are 12 footers. I got the pine last night because I need that right now, but he has 8 or 10 28 inch hickory logs as well. He's gonna start dropping them off to me as he gets them instead of taking them to his yard. Said he has two jobs comming up that have a good bit of walnut. Can't wait. From what I can see, he knows his biz, he has them all cut and stacked real nice. No limbs and all the other junk just logs I love it. I have been Blessed By The BEST
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Fromthis2.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Randy, that sounds like a great deal. If you already don't have one, you might consider investing in a good metal detector. Yard trees and trees along side of roads often have metal in them from signs and other junk.

Dave:)

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Gotchya covered DaveO, I have a metal detector. I thought of that, but he says this first batch came from the woods. He cleared them for a big house in the middle of nowhere. But I use my metal detector on all logs before milling. I like my blades :rolf:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Randy, for those of us that have sawmills, this comes under the category of a "Log Gloat"! I can't help but want to tell you that "you suck"! :lol:

Seriously, congrats on the score - this sounds like a great deal.

Scott

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
HI Alan, the first 30 he has, he is giving me. From there on out he wants $7.00 each for the smaller logs 16 to 20 inche'rs and $12.00 for the big'ens 20 to 30 inche'rs. I can stand that I think. Thats for fuel he said. His place is about 3 miles from mine so I can go get them myself if I run out before he makes a new delivery. He's been taking them to the big sawmill once he has enough to make a load. but now he's gonna bring them here as he gets them. I LOVE IT.:icon_thum

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Randy, for those of us that have sawmills, this comes under the category of a "Log Gloat"! I can't help but want to tell you that "you suck"! :lol:

Seriously, congrats on the score - this sounds like a great deal.

Scott
Yes, I SUCK, but if this is Sucking I want to be a SUCKOLIGEST :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
SCORE! So when you divide out $12/log that means you'll be selling lumber for like $0.25 a board foot, right?
:rolf:
Congrats! It's good to see good things happen to good people! :eusa_danc

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hi JohnsonMBrandon, You can bank on that. I will be making some lumber post's here before long. Does anybody want Hickory?? I have 5 30" hickory logs comming this afternoon. I will be milling them tomorrow. I'll let you all know when the walnut gets here. I hope to have my kiln done soon and it's gonna be busy. :icon_thum

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
SCORE! So when you divide out $12/log that means you'll be selling lumber for like $0.25 a board foot, right?
:rolf:
Congrats! It's good to see good things happen to good people! :eusa_danc
HI chris99z71, I don't know that it will be that cheap but it will be very cheap in comparison to the big stores. I'll be posting pix very soon as the stacks grow. :drunken_s

dozer

Mike
Randy, That is definitely something to be excited about. Look forward to seeing what kind of woods you get. Seems to me that for clean straight logs like that the price is right.

M

McRabbet

Congratulations on the Log Treasure, Randy -- I could almost hear the whoopin' and hollerin' way up here in the mountains! I've gotten my cherry cut locally and am getting some of Jeff's Walnut at the Picnic, but I may be interested in some Hickory down the road (maybe May/June), depending on the prices.

Rob

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hi dozer, I have no idea how he came up with those prices, but I didn't argue with him. I just hope I'm not going to be stuck with a bunch of lumber that I can't get rid of with out starting a fire. But thats what I've been doing anyway. Theres no telling how many thousand BF I have set ablaze. since having this mill. I keep it untill I need more room then I pic a stack, haul it to the burn pile, pour a little gas and POOF it goes up in flames. I hate it but I can't stand having a mill and not being able to use it. I gave 2000BF of SYP away a few weeks ago, just to get rid of it.:eusa_doh:

bonewood

New User
Alan
Hi dozer, I have no idea how he came up with those prices, but I didn't argue with him. I just hope I'm not going to be stuck with a bunch of lumber that I can't get rid of with out starting a fire. But thats what I've been doing anyway. Theres no telling how many thousand BF I have set ablaze. since having this mill. I keep it untill I need more room then I pic a stack, haul it to the burn pile, pour a little gas and POOF it goes up in flames. I hate it but I can't stand having a mill and not being able to use it. I gave 2000BF of SYP away a few weeks ago, just to get rid of it.:eusa_doh:

next time you are considering nuking a pile of good furniture lumber, give me a shout. I can haul away 1-1500 feet a load for sale throughout the SE.:slap::lol:

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Do you have covered storage to store stuff when it comes out of the future kiln?

Hi Alan, at the present time I don't have covered storage for the KD lumber. I hope to have plenty of cover up by the time the first load comes out though. Gonna be a busy man once that kiln get done, loading it and then building covered storage.:icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
Well Randy, you certainly have to call that a blessing! We made our kitchen cabinets out of hickory. It's hard but very beautiful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors