Got my turning fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was unable to go to the Turning Symposium today because I just had too much to do. But I did at least get my turning fix, and almost completed one of the many things that I have to get done this month.
My cousin saw some of my pens and asked if I could make him a few for his wedding in a few weeks. Sure I said, what are you interested in. He selected Euro styled pens with my custom CB in some sort of burl, all different. He has 6 groomsmen that they are going to. Also he asked if I could do a Guest Book, and I told him that would be our wedding present to him.
Well, I was a pen turning machine today and almost finished the order. I still have to get the Guest Book pen, engraved at Kallenshans with their name and wedding date, and turn one more pen.

Here they are -

Copy_of_Pens_427.jpg

Holly on a Sterling Silver Baron, to be engraved

Copy_of_Pens_428.jpg

Open view of Guest Book pen

Copy_of_Pens_424.jpg

Buckeye burl with a Ebony, Holly and aluminum CB.

Copy_of_Pens_423.jpg

Two tone Amboyna with an African Blackwood and aluminum CB

Copy_of_Pens_420.jpg

Eucalyptus burl with an Amboyna and aluminum CB

Copy_of_Pens_418.jpg

Red and black double dyed BEB with an Ebony, Holly and aluminum CB (my least favorite)

Copy_of_Pens_416.jpg

Blue and yellow double dyed BEB with and off-cut and credit card CB. My most favorite of all, I am going to have a hard time giving this one up. The figure is simply outstanding.
Copy_of_Pens_415.jpg

Another view of the same, there is so much going on in this blank you gotta see all sides of it.
It was a freebie from Arizona Silhouette that came with my pen kit orders :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Thanks for looking, comment and critiques are always welcome.

Dave:)

Last edited:

MikeL

New User
Michael
Dave, those are outstanding. They will be fighting over who gets what. You are a machine! :eusa_clap

Mike

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Between the elves and the dopplegangers.... ah forget it.

Nice job Dave, I really like the assortment.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Jimmy
:)

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Very impressive Dave. I too wanted to go to the turning symposium but am traveling south on a short vacation.

sediener

New User
Steve
When can I have a lesson? I'll bring some post-turning beverages....:beer_yum:

Yeah and I am definitely not making it tomorrow, we're heading to the hospital in about 15 minutes. New little woodworker on her way...

- Steve

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, anytime...or maybe in a few week. Congrats on the new..pending woodworker..pending pics of course :-D
Take care of that lady of yours, we'll spin some pens soon enough, and I got your lumber taken care of.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
we're heading to the hospital in about 15 minutes. New little woodworker on her way...

- Steve

What are you doing on the computer 8-O ????, you should be running around like a confused husband, getting in the way, and being a general PITA .

Good luck!!

J

jeff...

Dave this may sound silly but I like the holly one the best - it almost looks fake like plastic, wow smooth as a babies butt, nice man real nice :icon_thum

Ofcourse the others are outstanding also, just the holly has caught my eye...

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great looking pens Dave! That last one really is spectacular. The guest book pen looks great too. Once you get that engraved, it will definitely become a keepsake!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Fantastic pens Dave! I like 'em all. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

toolman

New User
Chad
Great looking pens! :notworthy:notworthy

" Blue and yellow double dyed BEB with and off-cut and credit card CB."
This pen is a GREAT Looking one, You may need to order more pen kits. :-D
Well you know they will out send the same blank agian.:BangHead:
:wav:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I am a traditionalist but not a fan of Euro style pens.
That being said these are great.
I am not crazy about the bright white plastic accent,though it may be cool to say I used a credit card, I think it "cheapens" the pen.
A thin section of antler would serve the same purpose and keep the pen"organic".
I once made a beautiful slimline out of African Blackwood for the lower section and bright white corian for the top.
I love the look of the pen but don't care for it because of the contrast between man made and natural materials.
That is just my take and I am sure I am in the minority of one.
I am sure these will be a hit and bring you customers!
YOu are the master of the custom CB.
icon_nworthy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS