Finishing Workshop series

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I see a need for a finishing workshop. However, finishing is a broad subject. So we were thinking that we should do a series of hands on workshops, starting with French Polishing, moving to hand rubbed finishes, and then spray finish, all of these would cover surface preparation to the finished product. Cost of these workshops has yet to be determined. I would like to know the level of interest for this series of workshops. If you have an interest please say something so further planning can be undertaken.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Count me as a 1/2... I want to, but schedule is always the problem

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I would be interested, depending on the particular topic. I don't think I'll be doing any French polishing anytime soon.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would be interested, depending on the particular topic. I don't think I'll be doing any French polishing anytime soon.
So out of what you are interested in, what interests you?

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
I,m terrible at finishing so sign me up for all the classes. I could do 1class every month but has to be on the weekend

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for the feed back, I look forward to more, as folks run up on this post. The timing for these workshops would be on a Saturday, dates to be determined.
Place would be Bill Clemmons shop in Liberty NC. This pretty central to the locations around the state, and about 40 minutes from my home.
The cost is going to be based on cost of materials, with a donation to the site.
Lunch will a few dollar fee from all of us and Bill will call out for it.
I'm currently writing an out line on how many workshops this will cover, there so much that can be covered with each, even with some overlap this can make up a 6 or 7 hour workshop. I’m going to try and keep them in the 6 hour range.

A little about me and my finishing background, I have certifications with M.L.Campbell, Mohawk, and Marsh Furniture, in finishing and finish repair, with 40 years experience in manufacturing, installation, design, and troubleshooting. I would like to share some of this knowledge to help others become better and more comfortable with their finishing processes. This is another way to be creative with your woodworking. I’m excited to get started!

Last edited:

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I am in for this. It would be a little bit of a drive to Liberty but to learn this I would be willing to do that.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS