Finally Finished Hope Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
I finally completed the cedar-lined hope chest. This is one of my first project completions and I appreciate the help/advice many of you gave. The biggest lesson I learned - Finishing is a whole new art and I need a lot more practice.

Attachments

• 100_1263.JPG
    100_1263.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 100_1264.JPG
    100_1264.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_1265.JPG
    100_1265.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 252

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Finish looks good to me:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I think there is a lot of us who need to learn more about finishing:eusa_thin
I know I could learn a LOT more

b4man

New User
Barbara
You just did a beautiful job! Don't worry about the finish...it can be stripped, sanded or any number of things and it will be re-done 50 years from now anyway.The construction is what matters and you won't have to worry about it having to be rebuilt! Great job and keep your talent fresh.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John, that came out great. I like the stain color and you seemed to fix whatever problems you had with it. I bet that cedar lining smells great when you open it.
Dave:)

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Very good looking chest. Your finish looks great in the picture. I know that finishing is top of my list to learn more about. I guess I could add a lot more to the list without much problem.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking hope chest John. I am glad to see you were able to work out the issue you had with the front panel.

D L

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

Maybe we all need help with / more practice on finishing... but the photos here make it look like you don't any need help. The chest is beautiful.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS