Even a blind squirrel finds a nut form time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:D Yep,... it's a little work but it works for me. Can't haul many either, but I don't want logs waiting on me. :lol: We could have used the tractor but I just wanted to see if this would work, as I had hoped. It worked Great, the log has a crotch at the far end and it loaded with no trouble, so I know a good straight log won't be any problem at all. My little truck pulled it just fine. Now that I know this works for me, I think I'm gonna park the mill back under the shed. 8)
DSCF1306.jpg

DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1308.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

DSCF1311.jpg

DSCF1313.jpg

8) :idea: :lol: :shock: :idea: 8) :roll: :lol:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Just don't stand near the cable in case the cable breaks. A

You might try a simple sled under the trailing end, might make it easier. I know a guy who is building a cabin in Maine, who drags trees out of the woods with his little ATV using a sled under the leading end.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Nice set up, Randy.:icon_thum What are the specs on that winch?

I have considered doing the same thing but just have not taken the time to really look into it.

Jerry

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Nice set up, Randy.:icon_thum What are the specs on that winch?

I have considered doing the same thing but just have not taken the time to really look into it.

Jerry
It's a 2000lb 12v winch $49.99 ya gotta love it.:rolf: I loaded that log with a single part line. I can put a 2 part line in and have twice the pull.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:eusa_clap I found the winch at Northern tool in Charlotte (on Hwy. 74). It works better than I thought it would. :-D

chris99z71

New User
Chris
FWIW, harborfreight has one with similar specs for $39.99...minus the now infamous 30% coupon, that's a sweet deal.

Toddler

New User
Todd
NICE KUBOTA :)
Which L is it?
Todd (green with envy since I sold my B2710 2 years ago.)

ps) btw, very clever

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hi Toddler, Im not sure about the Kubota, it's my son-in-laws. He helps me sometimes. I love it when he's able to be there with it. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS