Contest Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The calendar contest closes on Nov 7th. We still do not have one entry for the cover. No cover, no contest:eusa_naug :BangHead: :shocked7fl: :yes4lo: :saw: :eyeslam: My contest, my rules:eusa_danc :lol: :rolf: :yes4lo:

The cover contest description

also

Another thing. Every picture MUST have a real title in the gallery/ DSC1234 doesn't count and every picture MUST have a description. These will be actually printed in the calendar. DON'T wait to see if you have won. Your picture will be disqualified.

I feel like I'm herding cats again.:lol:

J

jeff...

Just thinking out loud, I know that could be dangerous. But what about a Coolidge (spelling) of pictures some of the member have posted with our Logo over top. I'm not that good with photos but might be an idea for somebody to run with?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Steve - Is it ligit to pull photos from member albums to use in a collage? I can put a cover together but need source material.

pete

Monty

New User
Monty
Yes, use any posted photos for the cover. It's supposed to represent the whole group, not just any one member.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I like the Idea of a collage of photos from the site. How would this work? We just post a bunch of pictures in the cover folder and someone assembles them? Do we need to make our own collage of photos and post in the folder? I would like it to represent the whole site. I do not have the photo software to help with this just my $.02

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I like the Idea of a collage of photos from the site. How would this work? We just post a bunch of pictures in the cover folder and someone assembles them? Do we need to make our own collage of photos and post in the folder? I would like it to represent the whole site. I do not have the photo software to help with this just my $.02
You would have to assemble the collage into your own single picture.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Yes Pete, pleeeeaaase! :eusa_pray
I know you have the expertise :)

Besides, Steve suggested I help with that and . . . well, I'm leaving town for 10 days :oops: So your assistance may prevent Steve from banning me from the site :saw:

Roger

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Well, I have made an entry such as it is...I apologize to all the fine woodworkers on NC Woodworker that I did not include in my entry. I assure you it was difficult narrowing down my selections. Now someone who has real expertise can make a great entry....

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, I have made an entry such as it is...I apologize to all the fine woodworkers on NC Woodworker that I did not include in my entry. I assure you it was difficult narrowing down my selections. Now someone who has real expertise can make a great entry....

Thanks Mike that is a fine job. I just uploaded a sample, not realizing you had made an entry.

I also created a directory with the avatars, for those that would like to use some of them in their entries.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well steve its like this. IF i had an entry i would not be able to enter the contest because i am not sure where or how to do it.:-( just color me stupid but i cant find my way around this site to save my a$$. it isnt the site fault or yours either. i just aint too good at navigatin round the puter. :drunken_s where do i hafta go to see the entries?

fred p

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Here
well steve its like this. IF i had an entry i would not be able to enter the contest because i am not sure where or how to do it.:-( just color me stupid but i cant find my way around this site to save my a$$. it isnt the site fault or yours either. i just aint too good at navigatin round the puter. :drunken_s where do i hafta go to see the entries?

fred p

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well i just took a quick look through the entries and the winner is........ all of em:-o beutifull work all. next year maybe i will be able to participate. too busy this year to get into the shop much. :crybaby2:

fred p

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I don't think Steve will ban you from the site, just cut your moderator salary in half for three months!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
tomorrow is the 7th and the contest closes. For Calendar month pages we have a great selection. BUT for the cover, we only have 2 people entered with 3 pictures. Mine doesn't count, it was just an example.

Remember that the cover winner gets First Prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS