Coffee Table almost done . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
This was supposed to be done for Christmas. Oh well . . .
Maybe Valentines Day:eusa_danc

pete

Attachments

• IMGP0003 sm.jpg
    IMGP0003 sm.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMGP0002 sm.jpg
    IMGP0002 sm.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 165
T

toolferone

Looking great! What is left? Neat design, let's hear more about it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That looks great Pete! You have been holding out on us, where are the progress pics?:eusa_naug

What is left on it? It looks like it is done.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pete, I like the design. It looks pretty close to done to me...unless the back of it is missing!! :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see a close up of the leg/apron joinery.

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like it!!!, more info on the top, please. Don't you know that you can throw out a beautiful piece of furniture, that we had no idea that you were working on and not give a complete run down of materials, construction, mistakes, and triumphs :slap:

Dave:)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
It's just dry fit in the pictures. The top has a coat of Shellac but the base still needs sanding and finishing. I picked up the top at Metroliner expo for $15 from a guy that comes down with a truck load of Furniture shop rejects and mistakes. It's burl veneer over ply with poplar trim. The veneer pieces didn't match up well so I inlaid the strips of jatoba where the joints were. The edges were messed up so I decided to trim it at an angle and veneer the edge. I had the hardest time joining the apron to the legs. I think a biscuit joiner would have been the easiest method but I went with mortise and loose tenons. Messed up my first try (cut the board twice but it was still to short!!!) but got more wood - made a couple of jigs and it came out much better. LOML saw a table with cabriole legs at a 45 and asked if I could do something like it. So I just sized everthing to fit the top.

I've been working on this for well over a year! Have lots of in progress pics. I'll post them in my album later this week.

thanks for looking
pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, talk about recycling, great save!!! Did you make the cabriolet legs yourself?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Yes - actually they were pretty easy to do. Just drew the pattern, bandsawed and router with pattern bit and rounded over the edges.

Wow, talk about recycling, great save!!! Did you make the cabriolet legs yourself?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow Pete! You've been holding out on us :lol:

Please give us more pics, especially BIGGER ones :eusa_pray

Striking work!
Roger

sawman

New User
Albert
Pete, I am very impressed with your work, taking your time to build it certainly shows.

:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS