classified ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can Moderators delete ads like we delete post and threads? I would be willing to try and clean up some of the sold items. I just need to know how.

BTW I did send Michael Garner a PM last week and asked if he would delete the ads of his sold items. No response yet.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yes Mods/Admins can delete classified ads. But I would be hesitant to do it unless totally sure that the item was sold. It really would be best for the poster of the ad to do it themselves.
Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'd be happy to look into some sort of classified cleanup script (top secret, FYIO)!

Maybe something like "notify the poster after 2 weeks, then remove after 4 weeks". Or anything.

Any takers?

Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I'd be happy to look into some sort of classified cleanup script (top secret, FYIO)!

Maybe something like "notify the poster after 2 weeks, then remove after 4 weeks". Or anything.

Any takers?

Jim

Sounds like a great idea to me, I say an automated message from Otto Matic would be good for the site.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sounds like a great idea to me, I say an automated message from Otto Matic would be good for the site.

Yes, I like the idea of automatically deleting ad after 2-4 weeks unless it's "renewed". And the automatic notification ensures poster has an opportunity to renew or repost the ad :icon_thum

Roger

toolman

New User
Chad
Scott

I looked at this a month ago. I e-mailed the owners of the 5 oldest adds, and recieved a reply from all, two had been sold and the rest was still 4 sale. The 2 said they would delete there add.

I believe we should have a time of 30 or 60 days. Then we can delete the ad. They can re post the ad as much as they want but I believe a ad should only run 30 day, 60 would be ok. Just my $.02

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For the record I did hear back from Michael Garner and he was happy to remove his old ads.

I think the clean-up should be automatic and stated in the rules for such ads. IMHO the logic should be:

- at 2 weeks (14 calendar days) an automatic reminded should be sent asking the lister to delete their ad if sold.

- at 4 weeks (28 calendar days) an automatic reminded should be sent asking the lister to delete their ad if sold. The reminder should state that their ad will be deleted after 6 weeks (42 calendar days).

- at 6 weeks automatically delete the ad and send the lister a notice. They can repost at that time and the cycle would start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS