Call for Help with NCWW Cordless Devices.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok, I've "fixed" the "Major" bugs. Its time to fine tune NCW.W Cordless.

To start out, we are using the "Auto Detect Device" feature.

This means if you come to NCWW from an iphone, ipad, android, winCE, meego or OS/390 mobile doohickey the minimalist view of the site should load by default.

What I'm asking for is anyone on a Mobile Doohickey please reply to this thread. I just want to see what device info we capture. Doesn't matter if you are in NCW.W Cordless or Classic view.

Please don't report any functional bugs yet. Just say "Hi" or "That Froglips is one heck of an average height fellow".

Once I get the multiple device auto-detect thing under control, we'll start working on individual issues.

Thanks!
Jim

p.s.
I've fixed the Style Changer. At the bottom of the Cordless page, you should see a link "NCW.W Classic". That link should return you to the normal view. This only works if you are NOT on an i-Phone/Pad or WinCE Doohickey. They can auto-detect and won't let you load the Classic view. Don't worry about that yet, that behavior is going to be ironed out shortly.

But, if you want to try NCW.W Cordless from you desktop/laptop computer, you can safely and go back to the Classic look.

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hello world from IPhone!! Switchable from classic to cordless.
Posted from an iPhone

Last edited:

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
That froglips is one heck of a site admin!!

(Typed on my droid, which sees the 'classic' view)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Oh....oh....now the mobile view works for me!
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
HTC Evo here, classic view. :thumbs_up

Brian
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

cpw

New User
Charles
Hello from my Android.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROID2

cpw

New User
Charles
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROID2

cpw

New User
Charles
Now. Hello from my Android on Cordless.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got a good load on my 'berry Curve! Font in reply box is a lil' weak. That Jim is an EXTREMELY average guy in height - and his width is gettin' more thattaway too!
BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Works on my DInc. Also allows me to go back to the regular view.

Mike
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

SubGuy

New User
Zach
From my Droid! Just classic though .

Sully

New User
jay
Droid in the house! Classic view came up by default. :wsmile:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Ally Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

ehpoole

Ethan
Samsung BlackJack II (WinCE SmartPhone) via AT&T

In mobile I can type a reply, in classic I could type/click anywhere (e.g. title, ) EXCEPT for the message/icon reply area.

PS: It would be nice if the option to change modes were near the top of screen rather than the bottom. It takes forever to render, then scroll, on a mobile device when it comes up in CLASSIC mode.

Thanks for the good work!
SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/UCHH2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jim, I'm in with the Android version of a Motorola i1 phone (Nextel iDEN network). The "auto-detect" feature did not work though, but it was easy enough to scroll to the bottom to change it to mobile device.

Great work! Thanks!!!!

Scott
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I've added two kinds of Android and Blackberry to our auto detect list.

The more devices we hear from, the more we can add.

Right now I believe we can Auto Detect the following:
ipad
iphone
Windows CE
Android 2.2 (Running Mozilla)
Android 2.1 (Running Mozilla)
Blackberry

Feel free to let me know if these devices are now auto detecting.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

RickC

New User
Rick
As mentioned before, I can connect OK with my iPod Touch (3G). But it came up as classic. From the reviews I read on it, the Touch is essentially the iphone without phone capability. It uses Safari as the browser.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

TedAS

New User
Ted
iPhone here. Auto loaded classic view, 2 days ago it was auto loading the mobile view.
Great job NCWW tech staff!
Posted from an iPhone

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Auto loaded classic view on piece of junk phone a minute ago.

Piece of junk = LG Xenon
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS