Bottle Stopper Group Buy- (update please read last post )

How Many Stoppers Do You Want

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Last year - Around Sept.I got together a group buy on some bottle stoppers and alot of the guys here got in on it - I mentioned that I would try and get another one up around March/April - This is where we ordered them from for ll of the new members here http://www.torne-lignum.com/stoppers.htm

They are made in Pa. USA and made out of food grade stainless steel - Ruth is a great person to deal with - If there is enough interest I will get it together again

Last edited by a moderator:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Re: Bottle Stopper Kit group buy

You've got my ear. Put me down as an interested party and let me know when you get the prices figures out.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

You've got my ear. Put me down as an interested party and let me know when you get the prices figures out.

Same here. I'd like in on that. Thanks.:icon_cheers

Thanks guys - the price will be determined on the amount of kits in the order - will keep you posted and I will get the prices from her website and post it here also

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Here is the price and discounts from Ruth's website - The last group buy we had over 200 kits and several mandrels - If I remember right we got the mandrels at 21.00 - but do not quote me on that - I will have to wait and see what amount of kits we can get and let Ruth know and see what she can do on the mandrels. Matter of fact I will e-mail her now

# 301 = 3/8" x 16 tpi
1 to 9 pcs ....... 5.95
10 to 19 pcs ..... 5.70
20 to 49 pcs ..... 5.50
50 to 99 pcs ..... 5.20
100 + pcs ......... 4.75

#2 Morse taper, 3/8" x 16 tpi threaded end that is also a TAP (no need to tap separately) and the back end is threaded if you wish to use a drawbar. They are black oxide dipped and will never rust. The top diameter is the same as the stoppers.

Mandrels are $25 ea.

Stub, 23/64", HSS drill bit, 1 3/4" flute length, 3 1/6" overall length. This drill bit is the solution to long bits that hit the wood grain and wander even one mm causing an off-center hole. Drill bits are $4.25 ea.

sawduster

New User
Robert

Min 20 for me .......maybe more if I keep getting this overtime at work ! :tongue2:

For any of you on the fence ....these are excellent stoppers :icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip

I guess I should have added a poll to this - I have asked Tracy if he would do that for me - after he gets it setup - if you would please go in and click on the amount that you would like to get - it will be alot easier to keep up with the amout - thanks

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Re: Bottle Stopper Kit group buy(update #1)

Just got an e-mail from Ruth - the mandrels will still be $21.00 but if we get 10 or more orders on the mandrels they will be $20.00 each - I am also working with a high school class mate of mine down toward Concord he is in a turning club and he is asking the club if they would like to get in on this as well - will keep you posted

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Thanks Tracy, that will do just fine:icon_thum:eusa_clap

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

I'm testing the poll to make sure it works by ordering 10 stoppers. Haven't turned any from the last order yet but I am determined to send some of them to the mountains with a neighbor. Actually not testing the poll, just ordering some. Thanks Phillip for putting this together again:eusa_clap:eusa_clap.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

As you can see we only have 85 kits - 5 more pending the final price - At this amount we will be paying $5.20 for each kit - I am also waiting on the classmate to get with his club this weekend to see what they would like to do - These kits are well made in Pennsylvania out of food grade SS - If any of the new guys are wondering if I am making a profit off of this and would rather not get in on the group buy = know that I will only ask for the final cost of your order plus a little shipping cost and a few cents to cover the PayPal cost if you go that route - I am doing this to help out my brothers and sisters in my wood working family:icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Bottle Stopper Group Buy

Phillip et al I moved this thread to the wood turning forum.

gritz

New User
Robert

I'd order if I could figure out how to find the poll...

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Bottle Stopper Group Buy

I recreated the poll. When the thread was moved the poll evidently disappeared. If you previously voted you will need to vote again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors