Big Surprise - Here I go again!!!!!!!!!! (I know I suck!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok, so I got a great deal on the bandsaw. It ended up being an even better deal than I thought when the saw came with a few hundred dollars worth of electronic components that will be sold off. :)

Besides that the shop has gotten one more addition. I keep swearing this is it, but I keep going. I've been shoping for a 20" disc sander for some time. They are really handy for doing the bottoms of the rockers and other shaping. Since only half the disk space is usable 12" discs aren't worth much. There are only a few new discs offered. General and Powermatic both offer very nice ones for around $1600-$1800. Since I work a lot with Klingspor's for teaching I sent the GM an email asking if they had any deals. They did!

It has a 2HP motor, is reversible, has a rack and pinion height and angle adjustment, and has a footbreak. Very nicely made. :)

I have to share this pic too. This is a pic of the Meber along side the MM16 to show how big this saw really is. It just needs new tires and it is good to go. It is in very good shape. I have the original PO from Broyhill when it was purchased in 1999.

Start the SUCKAGE calling. :D

I swear I'm done with equipment now. Really am I... Don't look at me like that...... I don't have an addiction really.....:rolf::rolf:

Thanks,

John

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
The first step in dealing with any addiction is admitting you have a problem.

Which you clearly do.

YOU SUCK!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh, you got it bad. Wait, you created the disease..it's named after you, you should be ground zero for the infection. You're gonna need a bigger shop for those tools. BTW, you suck to the umteenth power :lol:

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Some people have children, John has woodworking tools. He doesn't have to put the tools thru college :lol: :lol: :lol: He might be smarter than we think :icon_thum :eusa_doh:

woodguy1975

New User
John
DaveO said:
Some people have children, John has woodworking tools. He doesn't have to put the tools thru college :lol: :lol: :lol: He might be smarter than we think :icon_thum :eusa_doh:

I wish I had a kid to put through college. Instead I must pass my love of woodworking and knowledge on through teaching other woodworkers. Might as well spoil my students. :lol::lol::lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dang John...........two new sweet additions to the shop. I reckon this calls for a double "YOU SUCK" "YOU SUCK".:lol: How much more room do you have left in your shop now? When you get ready to upgrade that puny little 37" drum sander you have to a 50" let me know.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
John, as NCPete said, the first step in facing an addiction is admitting that you have it. I'm sure you've run out of room and use for that poor little scroll saw. I will be happy to store it for you! :lol:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

The louder you protest that you have no problem, the more we worry. Denial is one of the truest signs of the addiction.

Ray

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Yeah I have heard you say that you are done buying tools before. I am sure we can convince you of something else you need.

woodguy1975

New User
John
JohnsonMBrandon said:
Yeah I have heard you say that you are done buying tools before. I am sure we can convince you of something else you need.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

In all honesty I really am done with tools now. All I will be doing for years is add tooling. I will change out the big planer to a byrd someday. The only reason I got both was the deal I got on both. The saw and sander combined cost me less than the LT16 I had on order. :D

John

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
woodguy1975 said:
Thanks, I appreciate the help.:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

In all honesty I really am done with tools now. All I will be doing for years is add tooling. I will change out the big planer to a byrd someday. The only reason I got both was the deal I got on both. The saw and sander combined cost me less than the LT16 I had on order. :D

John

Tooling sure. . . but all those "monster tools" need wood to eat?

When are we going to see the 160+ BF of AAAAA Quilted Maple come rolling in???

Grats on the new tools John. Can't wait until I can sign up for another class and come give them a spin!!!

woodguy1975

New User
John
Sweetgum said:
Tooling sure. . . but all those "monster tools" need wood to eat?

When are we going to see the 160+ BF of AAAAA Quilted Maple come rolling in???

Grats on the new tools John. Can't wait until I can sign up for another class and come give them a spin!!!

I don't count wood in the budget. There will be some claro walnut and quilted/tiger maple in the figure. After I get this COD out and take care of the next job already on the books I'm making some rockers to put on my website and sell. The first will probably be a nice claro walnut chair followed by the quilted maple. :)

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!

:lol:

Why is that so hard to beleive..... Ok I admit at the beginning of the year I said I wasn't buying anything more, but I needed..... it was a good deal....

Ok, maybe that is a pretty funny thing for ME to say. :):eusa_liar

John

cskipper

Cathy
PRETTY funny!?!?! I personally want to see you fill up your shop until there's no room for some lesser used tools!:lol: :lol:

M

McRabbet

He lies and then has the audacity to swear to it -- all weekend long, he was talking about getting a second tablesaw, probably one with a sliding table on it and moving the lumber rack outside to create more teaching room and other such denials of WGD....

John, get real..you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors