behold the three headed monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
Recently, I have been building a lot of stuff that required changing the saw from rip to dado to bevel several tims a day. Tiring and a waste of time so when I had the opportunity to buy a saw from Chris (member near Charlotte)
I did so with the idea of using it as a dedicated dado saw. It turned out the saw was the same as the saw I have been using for years so it seemed natural to give birth to the monster. Although it has a large footprint, it has already proven to be a real time saver. Mule is sending me the extrusion extensions I need so the one fence will work for both saws and the router.

Attachments

• monster3.jpg
    monster3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 275
  • monster4.jpg
    monster4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 260

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Well, as NCPete is so fond of saying "YOU SUCK"!

Nice, I know the pain of changing from regular to dado.

How you going to do your fence for the saw on the left?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
You win today's "not something you see everyday" award. :lol: That's some creative thinking and a great use of space. What about adding a second fence to the system? It could either be dedicated to the router or used for both TS. Just a thought.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
WOW! What an interesting solution. Now all you need is to add a monster outfeed table behind that (those) sucker(s) and you're really in business. I was pondering the same question of switching from dado to regular cut but must admit I never thought about your solution. Very inventive.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Holy Cow, I didn't know you could do that!!!!

...er...I mean...your check bounced and I need my table saw back. :)

Great Job, Phil! I'm glad that it is going to get some use! That's awesome.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Travis, I certainly haven't used it more than some others here... often, sure. ;) pretty sure I have been accused of sucking, to the point of being a nominee for the 'Suck of the Year Award'.

Cool setup. Wish I had the space. can certainly see how that would save setup time. something I just spent too much time considering in a business/managerial accounting class.

Like the panel saw, too, Plans-built ? or scratch built...

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
plan built (Rockler) panel saw. After fixing all the mistakes in their plans, it works great--right on the money.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Made me go look at Rockler for the plans, didn't jump out at me, so I googled, and found this at Versatool And they had a link to this on Rockler. Kind of ironic, and the Rockler plan is linked to from Versatool. If or when I do it, I will probably use the Rockler plans, and Versatool hardware. and park it behind my future sheet-stock storage thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS