Bandsaw Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewing92

New User
Norm
I've recently completed a couple Bandsaw boxes. The Walnut one with purple flocked drawers and Danish oil then wipe-on-poly finish, is a very crude interpretation of a Tony Ward design. I hope he doesn’t take offense.

The Red Oak one with red flocked drawers and wipe on poly finish, is my rendition of a silhouette of a bandsaw. This one came in third at our local woodworking club, box contest.

I really enjoyed making these.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Nice work, Norm. I like these designs..very well done. The top box reminds me of the 'mother with child' theme, but maybe it's just the angle. In any case, I think you did very good! How do the drawers open...it doesn't look like you have pulls on them?

chris

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice work, Norm:icon_thum! Maybe one day......:crybaby2:
I don't see any evidence of a saw kerf going into the covers on the "silhouette of a bandsaw". Am I missing something?
Keep up the great work:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Norm, I am sure that Tony would be honored by your interpretation of one of his designs. As you know "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" and your flattery is outstanding.
The bandsaw BS box is too awesome. It is one of the most innovative designs I've ever seen :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

T

toolferone

I with these guys. Both boxes are great, but the bandsaw box is way cool!!!!

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Thanks for the kind words everyone. They were a lot fun to make especially the Bandsaw.:-D

Chris, your right there are no drawer pulls, I think they sometimes take away from the flow of the design and look like a blob (tech term) in the front just to open the drawer. In this case the sides of each drawer is open with a figure hole/notch in the back where you reach to the back of the drawer and slide it forward. Did I explain that right????????

Randy, if you cut carefully with the grain of the wood this will sometime hide the kerf when you glue the kerf closed. And since Oak has a large grain pattern it was easy to hide the kerf in this case. I entered each drawer from the bottom right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors