Bandsaw Blade Twisting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dullblade

New User
Roger Hunter
OK, I was cutting pine with the bandsaw. I have used the saw quite a bit over the past weeks with no problems. Suddenly yesterday and today I try to cut and as I start the cu the blade starts to turn in the wood and makes curved cuts. I checked all the adjustments, tension, blade rollers and guides. Everything seems fine. Any I deas? Blade problem maybe? It doesnt seem bent or dull. HELP!:crybaby2:

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
if you've been cutting a lot of pine it could be pitch build up. try scrubbing the blade with simple green and a toothbrush. if it's bad you may need to soak the blade for a while in a shallow pan of cleaner.

phillip

Dullblade

New User
Roger Hunter
Well I think it is a combination of things. There is some pitch but the real problem is "Dull Blade". The wife tried the saw and she said it woldnt cut the wood smooth, like it was pushing the blade back and then the blade carried to the right into a curve motion. Anyway we are going to try a fresh blade and see if that helps.

A side note... We were cutting parts for a chair and ottoman and I cannot see how the guy up the stret can turn out 5-6 a day. We spent from 1 p.m. till 5 p.m. just cutting parts out. Oh well, that is the difference in beginner and experience! :-o :eusa_booh

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, you are known as "Dullblade":slap: :lol: :lol:

I often find it is easier to cut 5 of some piece than just one. With a bandsaw often you can stack the wood and cut all pieces at once. On other machines you can't do that but with only one set-up five pieces can be cut faster than 5 set-ups. Plus once you've made a piece of whatever, you'll know what's involved and how to take safe shortcuts. And for multiple runs of something, a pattern makes repetability very easy.

Dave:)

cmartinson

New User
chad
DaveO said:
Well, you are known as "Dullblade":slap: :lol: :lol:

I often find it is easier to cut 5 of some piece than just one. With a bandsaw often you can stack the wood and cut all pieces at once. On other machines you can't do that but with only one set-up five pieces can be cut faster than 5 set-ups. Plus once you've made a piece of whatever, you'll know what's involved and how to take safe shortcuts. And for multiple runs of something, a pattern makes repetability very easy.

Dave:)
Couldn't agree more. It has been my experience with everything in life, not just wood working, that after you do something once you can almost always do it again faster and easier. Also, the guy down the street took his design and set up shop for production work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS