Auto Thread Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The auto thread close function is now working. It is a scheduled task that will run every day at 1:00 am. It places an entry into the scheduled task log and sends a PM to the user. I have already done an initial run. There were 633 threads closed, 160 something started by me:lol: There were threads older than 400 days.:shocked7fl: :yes4lo:

No one should have to close threads because of age anymore:eusa_danc The PM is sent by our newest admin, Otto Matic The text of the PM should be self explanatory to the user receiving it

Title: Thread Closure - Automatic Housekeeping

Hello <username>
As part of the normal housekeeping of ncwoodworker.net, the thread $thread[title] that you started has been closed. This is not a reflection on the content or importance of this thread. We automatically close threads that have not had any activity for 30days.

The last post in this thread was <date>. XX days ago

PLEASE do not reply to this thread.

Thank You,
The ncwoodworker staff.

Note that the thread title is a link to the actual thread so that the member can easily satisfy their curiosity as to which thread it was.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's a great feature Steve, and I think the message is perfect and will end any member's confusion as to why a thread is closed. Love the new Admin's name :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
I nearly blew what I was drinking out of my nose when I saw messages from "Otto Matic", and realized it was automatically closing threads... Great feature.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Great feature, Steve!
Hypothetical question: If I add Otto Matic to my ignore list, will there be anything that I'll miss other than a bunch of PMs telling me that my threads are closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS