Are you making plans for Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I was planning to take a class, my first ever. But work is going to keep me tied up for several months.

So, I will probably try to reorganize my shop, thin out some never used tools (not used by me), finish some long lingering projects and try to visit more of my friends.

Will try to make it over to Scott Smith's place one weekend after I make room in my shop for the big project I really NEED to finish.

So, what are you thinking about and what do you plan to do this Spring?

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I'd very much like to get my DC ductwork figured out and installed. Right now my excuse is that I can't afford to do it for a while but really a lot of it is just plain confusion/intimidation. It looks like it will be a rather complicated install given the shape of the shop and the obstructions already in place. I'd also really like to but the DC outside (it's an exposed basement shop) but I know I can't afford the extra costs associated with that right now and I'm not even sure I'm allowed to do it considering my HOA covenants.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
To your advantage are the many experts in your area. Just ask and I'm sure several experienced fellows will come to your aid.

Perhaps a shop redesign would help make the installation much easier.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hang gutters, rebuild a bedroom wall and put the siding back on the back of my house!!

Sadly, this list looks similar every spring :)

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My actual list is to long to post here. Basically I am preparing to put my house on the market in 2010.

Shop project wise I want to build a desk.

Last edited:

Rob

New User
Rob
Build more cabinets and benches for shop organization.
Build some built in desks and shelves in our loft for our office.
Tile a bathroom (this has been on the to do list for three years)
Of course, more turning.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Win the lottery... Buy new house. Build new shop. Buy new tools for new shop. That would be nice huh?

Find time to write an actual list of stuff I need to do TO the shop, to make it easier to do stuff IN the shop. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long list.

Gotta paint my house too.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Putting a bathroom in my shop next week, need to build some more shop cabinets for tool storage and organization, finish my DC system (If I ever decide where everything goes!),:eusa_thin get new knives for my jointer and put it in service, add some receptacles, put a ceiling in, insulate, add lighting, paint doors and window trim, just the "normal" stuff! LOL!

Of course the raised beds need cleaning and planting cold weather stuff isn't far off. Final leaf cleanup, grade the lane, and a trip to Florida rounds things out. Think I can stay busy? :icon_scra

:rotflm:

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
reorganize my shop (based on ideas from shop crawl), build an entertainment center, spend time with friends, build a useful workbench

these are the significant items that I would call milestones. Smaller items seem to crop up, but if I can keep these goals in sight, I will consider it a good spring!

Dan

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I need to create more floor space in the basement, by getting rid of scrap (YES, I say it's scrap!). I hope to find some WW'ing ideas that will interest me (you know how that goes... :icon_scra).

M

McRabbet

Major shop cleanup and reorganization. Finish ClearVue Cyclone and new ductwork installation (finally!) Complete RR tie and concrete walkway to my shop from front of house.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
We're going to get out of this condo in HOAville and rent a house with a 2 car SHOP! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc This will allow me to get my tools out of the warehouse at work and finally be able to do some work at home. :swoon:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
To your advantage are the many experts in your area. Just ask and I'm sure several experienced fellows will come to your aid.

Perhaps a shop redesign would help make the installation much easier.

Yep, and I fully plan to take advantage of them once I get a bit more organized. I'm open to redesigning, if possible, though many of the obstructions aren't moveable. The shop began life as an unfinished basement so the much of the overhead area is used for ductwork, plumbing, etc. It's a standard height ceiling (well, the rafters are exposed but you get the idea) and since I'm 6'8" there's not much room for the layered approach. The tools I can move though given the shape of the shop I think I've got them in a pretty good configuration.

Anyway, it's on my "plan" for the spring.... ;)

Trav

Bryan S

Bryan
Would really like to get 220 down to the shop. I have the wire and breaker panel just need to get the conduit, dig the ditch and pull the wires. Want some dust collection and heat but gotta upgrade electrical first.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yeah, I need to dig a trench out to the barn for a few lights. The old wire got damaged and I have no idea where to start looking for the break. Wish I had a way to trace it and repair instead of running a whole new line. Probably better to have new anyway though.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Yeah, I need to dig a trench out to the barn for a few lights. The old wire got damaged and I have no idea where to start looking for the break. Wish I had a way to trace it and repair instead of running a whole new line. Probably better to have new anyway though.

Put her in conduit this time, Mike. Easy to pull out and repair if you need to!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I thought about that Reggie. Don't know why the previous owner didn't do it. They did a lot of halfway things that i've been changing as I've had to repair or replace.

The roof is one that I may tackle this summer. They overlapped the tin in the wrong direction so the water coming off the high roof goes in between the layers in a really big rain. Don't know if I will try to take it apart and correct or just add an extra layer of tin.

Then the kitchen floor is going to get leveled and reinforced. May have to cut holes in the cellar floor and pour deeper footings where the braces will be. While we're in there the sump hole will get dug out and enlarged so the pump can cycle longer.

Always something...

Glennbear

Glenn
In addition to the never ending project to set up the shop I have some long neglected brush and tree removal to do. :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'd like to remove most of these.

IMG_0818.JPG

DavidF

New User
David
I'll be going back to England and leaving my shop behind:cry_smile

Look out for sales on lathe and Jointer, air filter, etc.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS