Anyone ever heard of this company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think they are mostly a distributor/importer. Quality looks to be about the same as any Chinese machinery. Price is certainly attractive.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I've heard of Sunhill, but never seen any of their equipment. I did see they are selling Oliver, which I've heard good things about.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
They sell mostly import but some domestic stuff under their own brand label but also carry some other brands like Oliver. They, along with Holbren and Wilke, are one of the places to get decent deals on Byrd Shelix jointer and planer heads. They will install it if you buy a new machine from them, or just sell you the head, many with new bearings already installed. They will even provide it with a new gearbox installed for many of the 15" planers (Chiwanese clones) for only $150 more, which saves a lot of time and mess if you upgrade to a Shelix.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I bought lightly used 6" Sunhill jointer for a friend. He has been very pleased with it. It looks and performs like other brands (Grizzly, etc), except it's blue :thumbsup:

Roger

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Sunhill is an importer - your basic Chineese equipment. Good quality, great prices, and they've been around for a while. They've got some pretty large machines too.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I've dealt with Sunhill a lot through the years at work. They import a basic line of TAIWANESE equipment. Most of their stuff isn't from China, but it wouldn't hurt to specifically ask.

Their parent company bought the OLIVER name when the company folded about 10 years ago. About (4-5) years ago they began marketing imported equipment as OLIVER. It seems to me they are trying to import the smaller hobby oriented equipment still as Sunhill and maintain the Oliver as mostly industrial equipment.

If you buddy has any questions I'd be glad to help out. I sell Sunhill and Oliver equipment, but I'm NOT looking to poach any sales. The shipping for Sunhill equipment is tought for those of us on the east coast. That's why Grizzly has distribution all throughout the US. That has really keyed their growth.

Last edited:

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I've dealt with Sunhill a lot through the years at work. They import a basic line of TAIWANESE equipment. Most of their stuff isn't from China, but it wouldn't hurt to specifically ask.

Their parent company bought the OLIVER name when the company folded about 10 years ago. About (4-5) years ago they began marketing imported equipment as OLIVER. It seems to me they are trying to import the smaller hobby oriented equipment still as Sunhill and maintain the Oliver as mostly industrial equipment.

If you buddy has any questions I'd be glad to help out. I sell Sunhill and Oliver equipment, but I'm looking to poach any sales. The shipping for Sunhill equipment is tought for those of us on the east coast. That's why Grizzly has distribution all throughout the US. That has really keyed their growth.

Yeah, this guy is in CA and I linked him to this thread. He can't post anything here but if he has any questions, I will let you know and have you contact him.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Yeah, this guy is in CA and I linked him to this thread. He can't post anything here but if he has any questions, I will let you know and have you contact him.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

just a note i meant to say i'm NOT looking to poach sales, but i'll be glad to give your buddy some advice or insight to Sunhill equipment. If he's in California, particularly southern there are several other importers to look at. He could see the equipment and then pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS