Antique Tool Collectors Meeting Jan 16, Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
(yawn) How about 6:00? If any Metrolina folks want to carpool PM me and we'll work out the details. I'll need to stop by my folk's house in bigger, better Burlington for a few minutes on the way home if that's OK.

02blues

New User
john
Hi Guys.
I'll be there. Want to find some goodies. I joined the MWTCA and am a new member. I was surprised to get a call from Ed When I joined on line. Seems like a great group.

See you guys there!!

John

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Look forward to seeing you there! Just give the ladies my name as your sponsor if they ask. Also...write "North Carolina Woodworker" on your nametag so we can find you.

Thanks Mark, forgive me, but I haven't been around here enough to know your last name. Feel free to PM it to me if you don't want it just floating around.

Also, what can I expect to find for sale. I'm looking for user quality stuff, not pristine collectibles.
A good block plane, Stanley made so many of these, I think something in the 60's will be OK.
Auger bits, I definitely need a #16
A router plane, 71 or 71 1/2
Possibly a bit brace

Will a non member be able to purchase things?

Thanks

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
You will find a good mix of collectors and user tools for sure.

Non-members can buy, but they have to also buy me a tool :)

Jim

Thanks Mark, forgive me, but I haven't been around here enough to know your last name. Feel free to PM it to me if you don't want it just floating around.

Also, what can I expect to find for sale. I'm looking for user quality stuff, not pristine collectibles.
A good block plane, Stanley made so many of these, I think something in the 60's will be OK.
Auger bits, I definitely need a #16
A router plane, 71 or 71 1/2
Possibly a bit brace

Will a non member be able to purchase things?

Thanks

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Carpool from Concord/University has 2 seats. PM me for details.

Where are we eating lunch Jim? Some may want to join us but not care to attend the meeting.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Great question. We have some nice choices in town.

I'll whip up a list of local places and post a poll.

In a pinch, we are next door to a Waffle House :)

Jim

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
LUNCH !!!
How about that Cajun place in Downtown Hillsboro ??
Woodartz took us there some time ago.
Jim - would you add that to your poll ??
Think we will need to call ahead with a # of folks attending.

sash plane

New User
steve
Hello,

I'm kinda of new to this also.... And not a member of the MWTCA but would like to go.
You can get in as a guest..right..? how/who's guest are you or will they enforce that?
also to get in as a guest, does it cost $15 per person or family...
I would like to bring my 14yr son and wife but they would just be with me.
I'm not a active poster... I just lurk on here alot....

Thanks
Steve

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hello,

I'm kinda of new to this also.... And not a member of the MWTCA but would like to go.
You can get in as a guest..right..? how/who's guest are you or will they enforce that?

Thanks
Steve

Hey Steve. I'm sure we can get you in, but as for the other questions I'll have to defer to Mark or others.

I noticed you joined last month so Welcome to the group! Please post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself in the "who we are" forum!

The Hillsborough meet is a lot of fun! Look forward to meeting you.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Hello,

Thanks
Steve

Steve,
You are welcome to attend as my guest. Just let the ladies at the registration desk know Mark Fogleman sent you. I'm not sure about charges for children. I've always paid the visitor rate for my wife. It's $5.00 for this meeting.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
We have a winner!

Tupelos beats Vinny's 6 to 4.

I'll call and let them know to expect a bunch of hungry woodworkers with rusty tools!

Matthew's Chocolates is two store fronts up the street.......

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a winner!

Tupelos beats Vinny's 6 to 4.

I'll call and let them know to expect a bunch of hungry woodworkers with rusty tools!

Matthew's Chocolates is two store fronts up the street.......

Jim

What time are you expecting to get there for lunch? A few folks have another meeting to attend in the afternoon.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Jim!

Suggestion...If you are attending this MWTCA meeting please put "NCWW.NET" under your name on your name tag. They will give you a sticky tag when you check in for the Swap and Sell session. This way we"ll know who you new guys/gals are and you'll know us moldy oldies.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Thanks Jim!

Suggestion...If you are attending this MWTCA meeting please put "North Carolina Woodworker.NET" under your name on your name tag. They will give you a sticky tag when you check in for the Swap and Sell session. This way we"ll know who you new guys/gals are and you'll know us moldy oldies.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Are these tags the size of sandwich boards?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
The auction starts at 11:30.

12:30 - 12:45 is a realistic lunch time, unless anyone has strong opinions to the contrary?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS