Another Victim of the Recession

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Found out Monday that I've been given the gift of a summer vacation! Courtesy of my former employer.

Only good part is that I get to spend some QUALITY time with my kids now that school is out.

It's all good though!

Just thought I'd share and (network) at the same time.:icon_thum

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Eric, It sounds like we're in the same boat.

Best of luck finding new employment!

I couldn't think of a better time of year to have some extra time on my hands.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Happened to me the Tuesday after Memorial day weekend (five years ago). I'll give you the same advice I was given then...

Take your time, you have been given a new opportunity. With luck, each of you was given a decent severance package so you'll have time to weigh your options, and think things through.

I spent about 3 months looking for a job in the same field, didn't look very hard though. Then I met a guy that I have/had very little respect for as a person. He ran a relatively successful business washing windows. Having been in the trades for most of my life (except for 6 years at a large blue company that shall remain nameless), I decided to start a handyman business.

It's been tough at times, scarier then **** a few times, but has always been satisfying. Find THE THING that you love. NO, not your wife, and not your kids. While they always come first, in this situation they don't count. Anyway, find that thing and then figure out how to make money at it.

Whatever it is that you want, be honest with yourself, and then go for IT with GUSTO!!!

Good luck!!!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am taking a serious pay cut but I still have a job:dontknow::dontknow:. Good luck guys.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt very well stated. Thanks.

Happened to me the Tuesday after Memorial day weekend (five years ago). I'll give you the same advice I was given then...

Take your time, you have been given a new opportunity. With luck, each of you was given a decent severance package so you'll have time to weigh your options, and think things through.

I spent about 3 months looking for a job in the same field, didn't look very hard though. Then I met a guy that I have/had very little respect for as a person. He ran a relatively successful business washing windows. Having been in the trades for most of my life (except for 6 years at a large blue company that shall remain nameless), I decided to start a handyman business.

It's been tough at times, scarier then **** a few times, but has always been satisfying. Find THE THING that you love. NO, not your wife, and not your kids. While they always come first, in this situation they don't count. Anyway, find that thing and then figure out how to make money at it.

Whatever it is that you want, be honest with yourself, and then go for IT with GUSTO!!!

Good luck!!!

toolman

New User
Chad
That is bad news!!! Good Luck!!

Now one for the lighter side I have all of my employees working OT about 48hrs a week. We have been on it for about 2 months and no end in sight. The bad news is I only get paid for 40hrs but work 48:confused_ :icon_cheers I know some of you would like to be in my shoes!! :rolf: We are looking for one more employees needs to have mim of 4 years as a Machinist - CNC is a plus.. Wilson NC..

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I real sorry to hear this guys unemployment rate has hit 9.4 percent. Alot of folks I know are out of a job :gar-Cr

Bryan S

Bryan
That is some bad news to hear. I know its tough out there and tougher to stay positive. I have been there and it was no fun, wish you good luck

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
"find what you love and figure out how to make money ...."

Drinking beer and watching TV - If I can figure it out, I'll be rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
"find what you love and figure out how to make money ...."

Drinking beer and watching TV - If I can figure it out, I'll be rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Apply to become a taste tester for Budweiser!!! What a dream job that would be. Cab fair might nullify the income potential though.:rotflm::rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS