Another Successful NCWW Transaction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Saturday several NCWW'ers made some transactions ... some big transactions! We're not talking ideas ... we're talking tablesaws!

If you've been watching the threads, then you already know I sold my Jet to David, and that I was purchasing a SawStop. So this is the follow-up to that deal with a couple of photos to share.

See my photo album for the rest of the pictures!

A special thanks to David & George for everything!

September 2006 057.jpg

September 2006 058.jpg

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Ok, it's formal now, YOU BOTH SUCK!!! I can only aspire to similar suckage.:crybaby2:

M

McRabbet

Jeremy, YOU SUCK!! David, YOU SUCK, too!! Congratulations guys -- glad to see such good equipment in the NCWW family. Enjoy!! :eek:ccasion1

Rob

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Ok, it's formal now, YOU BOTH SUCK!!! I can only aspire to similar suckage.:crybaby2:

We will have to pool our genius minds together and devise a plan to acquire some tools that everyone else has or is getting. I just cant do jail time.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
the guy I did my flooring apprenticeship under said that State time was easy, but he would never go back to County.....

We just need a little more space, a little more money, and ...... Okay, lots more space, and I have the next three days unsupervised here at home, with a recently paid off credit card.... What sort of trouble can I get myself into????

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
the guy I did my flooring apprenticeship under said that State time was easy, but he would never go back to County.....

We just need a little more space, a little more money, and ...... OkLOLay, lots more space, and I have the next three days unsupervised here at home, with a recently paid off credit card.... What sort of trouble can I get myself into????

LOL,,I will pray for your credit card salvation,,lol
Make sure you get the best you can get,,

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
ShopFox drill press deal at WC in Raleigh is tempting.... MUST

RESIST

SWMBO will be home soon!

Monty

New User
Monty
Very nice for both of you! I really would like to know what you think of that Sawstop. Once you have had a chance to use it some, could you post a review?

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Congrats Jeremy! - guess you're newborn isn't as expensive as mine!

BTW ...I noticed on a post obut the SAWSTOP someone made reference to it misfiring and ruining a perfectly good blade. The main reports i've heard are when you are cutting wet wood especially treated. They do have a bypass key in place to test for misfires. you turn the key to by pass and then there is a red light push the board into the blade and if the light goes off youre going to mis fire if not you're safe to cut. I'm sure that's in the manual, but I'd never heard anything about it until a dealer buddy shared it with me one night at IWF. incidentally he's sold (80) of these bad boys since november in PA!

Good call on the saw. I spent $ 7,500 on my thumb from nicking it last year on my bench saw.

take care
phil

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Congrats Jeremy! - guess you're newborn isn't as expensive as mine!

BTW ...I noticed on a post obut the SAWSTOP someone made reference to it misfiring and ruining a perfectly good blade. The main reports i've heard are when you are cutting wet wood especially treated. They do have a bypass key in place to test for misfires. you turn the key to by pass and then there is a red light push the board into the blade and if the light goes off youre going to mis fire if not you're safe to cut. I'm sure that's in the manual, but I'd never heard anything about it until a dealer buddy shared it with me one night at IWF. incidentally he's sold (80) of these bad boys since november in PA!

Good call on the saw. I spent $ 7,500 on my thumb from nicking it last year on my bench saw.

take care
phil

Thanks, Phil ... my little girl is expensive, but my "hobby" threatens my profession so any extra safety measure I can get is an investment in my eyes (I work in software and have to type a lot of the day).

I've read of the misfire, but more of the articles were in the early models (a lot has changed since then). Not to say it couldn't happen, if you cut wet lumber (like the new treated lumber that is drenched) it would likely happen -- but as you mentioned it has a simple override to turn the stop brake off (it's as simple as turning the key for a couple seconds).

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Congrats Jeremy,

Got to protect what buys the groceries, diapers, house payment, etc, etc. Use it in good health. (stealth envy).:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I realize I'm a day late but I want to extend a heartfelt "YOU SUCK" to both of you.

Those are some very beautiful machines.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS