Aluminum & Walnut Celtic Knot

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Hi everyone, I haven't been around in a while I've been really busy since the story came out in the newspaper. I wanted to show some of my newer pens.

This is a european in big leaf maple burl. The celtic knot is walnut laminated between two thin strips of aluminum. Th finish is ca. This is the pen from the Klingspor show.

IMG_2928_800x600_.JPG

IMG_2929_800x600_.JPG

IMG_2929_800x600_.JPG

The centerband also uses a piece of the laminated aluminum.

IMG_2932_800x600_.JPG

IMG_2931_800x600_.JPG

The aluminum is gutter flashing we got at Lowes. I tried to use a Pepsi can but I kept getting wrinkles in the aluminum.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've been really busy since the story came out in the newspaper.
IMG_2931_800x600_.JPG

Alex that is an excellent excuse to have. Dang man, you're running with the big boys now, that is one fine pen. It looks flawless :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
WOW!!:swoon::swoon: Alex - that is one fantastic pen dude - congratulations on your story - great job:icon_thum:eusa_clap

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Thanks Dave. This one came out pretty good but it's still a little lop sided. I drilled it a bit off center because the blank was perfectly square. Since I made this one my dad bought me a new pen vise from a guy on oklahoma and now my drilling is much better.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
That is really a beautiful pen Great skill and work, you are indeed a talented lad. Are you going to offer some of these on your website? :icon_thum :icon_thum

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
That is really a beautiful pen Great skill and work, you are indeed a talented lad. Are you going to offer some of these on your website? :icon_thum :icon_thum

Thank you. I think I'm going to put this one on the site and I'm going to make a few more and shoot a video while I'm at it. I've had a bunch of people on youtube ask for a more detailed video on making a celtic knot. The problem is these pens take a looong time to make and they wouldn't be very cheap. I don't know if many people would buy them.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great combination of wood and the aluminum really sets it off! You're going to make me want to make another pen!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Alex Great Job:icon_cheers.Another one out of the park:eusa_clap.Just wondering what type of drilling vice you got? If you can post some pix and info or shoot me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS