Added a couple more planes...when will it stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Built a plane till, filled it up. Have enough to fill another and haven't even built it. Just have a thing for planes and chisels. Got this one in the mail today. What a week! Have pics of the Miller Falls No. 9, just sharpened the blade and wiped it off. It works wonderful. A very nice example, and the only Miller Falls I have owned. If you need 4 #4 smoothers. Already have 3 very nice Stanleys. The other is my 1st Bedrock 605 I got a couple of weeks ago. Just thought I needed 1 Bedrock in my stable. What a slippery slope it is! But having a ball!
IMG_04172.JPG

IMG_04222.JPG

one of the Bedrock.....
p1020298.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Maybe when you have them all and back-ups for custom blade grindings :dontknow:

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Oh, you are on the right slope as far as I'm concerned!

Have you been tempted by British infill's yet?

Jim

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Yeah, I thought the Miller Falls would be a good buy in that shape. A lot of people like them, so when this one came by I snatched it up! I've actually lost count of the number of planes I have in the shop. And I've culled a bunch, keeping only the best for me. Never really made any money or lost any in the trading, buying and selling. Only stanley I want to complete that thirst is a nice 8.
Yeah, I look at the infills, but pretty rich for my blood. The Lie-Nielsons kill me too.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I hear ya. Thats why I switched to British infills, its ended my rampant spending on planes :)

Do I really need five #7's?

My prize find is a #34 transitional. Not usable, but boy is it long! Its got a slight bow in its length, which isn't uncommon for those.

I've also found Sargent planes to be fun to collect. They are rarely expensive, but well made and unique.

I don't have a #8 either, I'll keep looking. If we meet over a sale table someday, be prepared for a duel!

Jim

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sweet!! I seem to always be buying planes. I have a fettish for Lie Nielsen's, Baileys, Miller Falls, and Stanley's in that order, although I will take any and all.

I have a bunch I need to restore/clean up as well....

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
When will it stop? :no: Only when you are pulled into the blackhole known as The Darkside. :eek: That will divert all your spending from planes. Consider yourself forewarned. :wconfused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS