a use for hard wood shavings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blues

New User
john
Wonderful for starting the campfire. Seems a bit sinful to burn mahogany shavings however a few handfuls and there is no looking back.

This is from tonight. A nice crisp fall night for a campfire.

Cheers
DSC_0041.JPG

View image in gallery

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Looks warm and toasty there John - We like to sit in our backyard with our fire pit a blazing

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like a great time. We had our first fire in our new place last night. We barely had any kindlin so I think we spent more time getting the fire started/keeping it going than we did just sitting there and enjoying it. :rotflm:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Fire Good. <grunt> <ugh>

Trent, embrace the Neanderthal lifestyle, you'll never want for kindling again!

Jim

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Nothing like a real fire to get you warm. In a way I miss heating with wood, it sure keeps the house a lot warmer. The curly curlers from wood planes make especially good fire starter.

02blues

New User
john
We "Neanderthals" have mounds of the stuff. I like to think of each shaving as a push up.
Loads of exercise in that pile and a pile large enough for many fires: though I toss most of them out...:dontknow:

Another goal of mine is to get a wood burning pot belly stove. My in laws had a wood burning kitchen stove in Northern Wisconsin years ago. It was the best part of the cabin. The hearth.
I am reading My Antonia by Willa Cather again and the role of the kitchen stove in 1800's Nebraska in the winter was central. There is little better than getting full and getting warm as Jim notes.

I was born in the wrong century...:icon_scra

Nothing like a real fire to get you warm. In a way I miss heating with wood, it sure keeps the house a lot warmer. The curly curlers from wood planes make especially good fire starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS