a couple o clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
stole the design from sapwood who stole it from someone else.:eusa_clap so i guess that makes him the theif and i am only the accomplice..:rolf:

fred p

Attachments

• a couple o clocks.jpg
    a couple o clocks.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 189

DavidF

New User
David
stole the design from sapwood who stole it from someone else.:eusa_clap so i guess that makes him the theif and i am only the accomplice..:rolf:

fred p

Nice job Fred, turn one around so that we can see the back.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:rolf:
Nice job Fred, turn one around so that we can see the back.

the backs are the saME AS THE FRONT WITH A 1/2 " HOLE TO PUSH THE CLOCK OUT WITH.
sorry big fingers and small mind!:rolf:

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Did anybody else notice that one is in a different time zone?

I guess that is normal at Fred's place. :rolf:

you may be right about that! But ac choo a lee one is going to texas and one to atlanta so i set the time so i know whom gets what.:drunken_s

Nice choice of woods and very fine craftsmanship!

thanks they only took a couple of hours for the both of em and i did not do them at the same time. the second one was an afterthought. after i re setup for the next step of coarse!:rolf: is there any other way?

fred

sapwood

New User
Roger

fred p

I'm going to take that as a compliment . . . worse things have been said about me. 8-O

The clockworks choice fits the design better than mine :eusa_shhh
And the clock size proportion showcases the wood well. :icon_thum

All in all, it's a simple, but fun project with lots of options for "freestyling". It would be great to see what other folks would do (hint, hint). :mrgreen:

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm going to take that as a compliment . . . worse things have been said about me. 8-O

The clockworks choice fits the design better than mine :eusa_shhh
And the clock size proportion showcases the wood well. :icon_thum

All in all, it's a simple, but fun project with lots of options for "freestyling". It would be great to see what other folks would do (hint, hint). :mrgreen:

Roger

the clock works were realy nice! i picked em up at the rockler sale in greensboro for 70% off. i like them better than others that i have used. they use a standard watch battery so maybe they will keep good time.

fred p

sapwood

New User
Roger
the clock works were realy nice! i picked em up at the rockler sale in greensboro for 70% off. i like them better than others that i have used. they use a standard watch battery so maybe they will keep good time.

fred p

So that's why the clock section was bare when I went to the Rockler sale :BangHead:

Roger

gator

George
Corporate Member
Is that a soft drink can sitting on cast iron? Don't you worry about water marks?:-? :-? :-?

George

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Is that a soft drink can sitting on cast iron? Don't you worry about water marks?:-? :-? :-?

George

nope! thats a softdrink can sittin on a ping pong table.:-D most of my cast iron is way beyond worrying about.8-O BTW i gotta run into raliegh sometime tomorrow but will be gone only an hour or so.

fred

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Those look great Fred. Nice choice of wood colors. What's the center wood...it looks "padauk colored" but I haven't used any padauk with that grain. Very nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Those look great Fred. Nice choice of wood colors. What's the center wood...it looks "padauk colored" but I haven't used any padauk with that grain. Very nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

the centers are bloodwood and the sides are wenge and zebrawood. sides are doweled to center but i cheated and used CA glue so no drying time.;-) i find myself using CA more and more lately. maybe cause im so patient?:rolf:

fred

skeeter

New User
Charles
Nice looking clocks. Wood choices compliment each other very nicely. Thief or accomplice doesn't matter, you're guilty of good work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS