$800 Jet Cabinet Saw Gloat (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

photog

New User
Dan
DSC_7710aWeb.jpg

Well, not necessarily a full out gloat, but certainly a good deal. I came across a bulletin board flyer with a list of woodworking tools for sale. Nice old guy was downsizing in preparation for a move.
I picked up his 5 year old Jet JTAS-10XL in great condition for 8 bills. 200v, 3hp, left tilt, 50” rip capacity, 42” Xacta fence w/mobile base. This is a significant upgrade from my Rigid 3612 contractor’s saw.

Also bought his never been used Jet AFS-1000B 3 speed air cleaner for $ 125. I figure I saved about 50% off new for the pair. Even better with no tax and no shipping costs.

I must say it’s been a pretty good day. First real gloat for me so………….. Please let the “you sucks” begin with enthusiasm.:eusa_danc

smitty49

New User
Reid Smith
Nice upgrade, I've got the same saw. You'll enjoy it and the filter will certainlly come in handy.
CONGRATULATIONS GOOD GLOAT!!:eusa_clap
HAVE A GOOD ONE,
Smitty

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
geez, Dan, people have told you "you suck", but not with the enthusiasm which can only be shown in a really bold font, like this:

YOU SUCK!
:neener:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Just wait, as one of the locals here in Apex picked up a used Delta Contractor's Saw for $120 today. He didn't use a gun either. Your $800 Jet looks almost as good as my $450 Uni Saw. This is a case of double suckage!

photog

New User
Dan
Thanks for all the heartfelt suckage. Now I’ve got to run 220v over to the location to get up and running. The saw location is near the service panel, which is already at capacity. I used the last two spaces when I wired for the 220v jointer. It looks like I will need to install a sub panel to power the saw and give myself a few more breaker slots for expansion.

photog

New User
Dan
The very clean looking Grizzly 16" bandsaw is still there. If you don't have a bandsaw, this is a sweet deal for $250. It's the G1073 open stand model. There was a Delta 12.5 benchtop planer for $100. Keep in mind that he lives in California.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
The very clean looking Grizzly 16" bandsaw is still there. If you don't have a bandsaw, this is a sweet deal for $250. It's the G1073 open stand model. There was a Delta 12.5 benchtop planer for $100. Keep in mind that he lives in California.

surely you have to drive east, sometime, right? I do think that that would be quite a stretch for the NCWW express.

in you panel, you could switch out some of your current breakers for the narrow type, and fit more in there. As it is, when you add the sub-panel you will have to move a couple circuits over anyways. the panel will probably cost more than the narrow breakers, how many more tools do you need to add?

photog

New User
Dan
Pete,

Yes, NC is just a bit too far from here to travel and make it back by dinner. We’ll just have to settle on talking about woodworking.

Thanks for the narrow breaker idea. I hadn’t thought of that. I would be content to just get the 2 additional breakers in there for the saw without having to install another box. My garage was wired before I got into woodworking and the whole room, other than the circuits I’ve installed, is on a single circuit. Space-wise the shop (my wife still calls it the garage) is at capacity too, with no more room for stationary tools.

So, a dedicated shop in an out building is my dream and might actually come true in a few years. If I did go with a new sub-panel, I would try to break the room into at least a lighting circuit and an outlet circuit and dedicate a few more to the 220v tools. This would involve breaking into finished walls and rerouting as well as pulling more wire. That’s a big job. I’m liking the “replace with narrow breakers” idea very much. Thanks again.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
you are welcome, I am contemplating that in my shop... but as it stands now I have enough free space in my panel where it isn't yet an issue, but when I went shopping for wiring stuff, I noticed a bunch of those. I may use them for my next few 220V circuits.

When it comes to wiring your shop, I can certainly tell you what not to do! 8-O

photog

New User
Dan
Guys, Just wanted to say thanks again. I got the saw wired this weekend. I swapped out the 2" wide 2 pole 20amp breaker powering the jointer with a 2" wide 4 pole combined 20 and 30 amp breaker that now handles both the jointer and the new saw. I pulled a short length of Romex in the wall from the recessed panel into an old-work box and then came out of the wall with 1/2" EMT over to the saw recepticle. Worked great and saved me the time and money of adding a subpanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors