threads

1. cskipper

Moderated threads

Did I miss something (like that would be a surprise -lol)? I thought threads that had been moderated appeared in this forum. I saw two that have been moderated, but no indication here.
  2. Douglas Robinson

Documented How-To Threads

Steve Coles and I were talking yesterday and both agreed we really enjoy enm's threads on how to make a harpsicord. While pics of finished projects are great, the how-to threads can be better because there is so much to learn from them. I know I have more precise questions when viewing a how-to...
  3. dino drosas

[How Do I-Main Site] Viewing older threads in order

The threads shown on my home page are the last twenty posted. Is there a way to see a continuation of these threads in their order??? - Example: page 2, 3, etc. If this is possible, it's over my head.:BangHead: Help! Thanks, Dino
  4. cskipper

closed threads question

DaveO moved a thread and closed the old one. Couldn't you used to be able to tell if a thread was closed without having to open it first?
  5. Douglas Robinson

Sticky Threads

Steve told me I have the capability to make a sticky thread. The problem is I do not know how. Can anyone enlighten me? :dontknow::icon_scra Perhaps we should make a "How to" thread on this. Doug
  6. R

[Problem-Other] emails for subscribed threads

I don't receive emails for threads that I have either started or subscribed to. I checked my preferences and the box is checked for that. AM I doin g something wrong? Thanks, Rod
  7. Jon

Jeff and his Marine threads

He started a thread to poke fun or something at Steve. I put a warning in it and left it. If you can see this watch it and close it if you think it needs to be closed. I will be gone for awhile and cant watch it. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12817 Even if its not...
  8. jmauldin

[Problem-Main Site] threads

Regardless of which thread I click on I get the above thread - the one about the Raleigh Klingspor Store. What gives? Jim in Mayberry
  9. SteveColes

Unanswered Threads

One of the most important concepts that we have always had was that no thread would go unanswered for more than 24 hours. I had always thought that we had been doing a good job with this. So this morning, when I came across a mod on vbulletin.org that let you search for unanswered threads, I...
  10. LeftyTom

[Problem-Help Desk] Firefox Won't Display Pics in Threads

For example, Scott's thread about cutting itty -bitty logs. The "attached" panel appears empty, but I know there are two pics there. These pics can be viewed w/Netscape 9 or IE. version: Firefox 2.0.0.11 Edit: I took out error message which was not related to the pic viewing problem.
  11. A

Old threads reopened

Some of you may have noticed some old threads of mine have been reopened (Unisaw new mobile base and table upgrade (2), adjustable Assembly Table (2), Clamp Stand (1) new Planer base and Wixey gauge installation). I had the Admins reopen the threads because all the pics which had been hosted on...
  12. A

[How Do I-Main Site] Unlock old threads

Status: Entered Assigned To:: Unassigned ===================================== Can I get some of my old threads unlocked so I can update/correct the image links? The place where I stored images back then is gone so there are no pics in a few of my threads. I often refer to those threads...
  13. cskipper

Combined multiple threads

Craig had a bunch of threads re: tools for sale which I combined into one. I sent him a PM explaining my reason. If I shouldn't have done this, or did it incorrectly, please let me know. Cathy
  14. DavidF

Going away - please take care of my threads

I am back on the road again tomorrow. England for a few days and then France for a week or so - business, but with some old Service engineer buddies. Should be some good times had. Back 19th Sept, but then away in Chicago for a trade show at the end of that week. Back the 30th Sept. Can you...
  15. Monty

Closed threads....

Some of the new mods/admins may not realize that you can post to a closed thread just like a regular thread. The "Post Reply" button shows a padlock on it, but if a mod or admin clicks on the button they can still actually post a reply. The "regular" members can't do this. I know, I know...
  16. C

Closed Threads

I just want to let everyone know why threads are being closed. No, it's not because we don't like you, or because we don't want you to feel welcomed! Just the opposite. I will be closing threads that go dormant for 30 days. This is just standard housekeeping. If you really want to post your...
  17. SteveColes

Don't post in closed threads

Admins, at least, can post in closed threads. Please don't as a normal practice. If a thread NEEDS one additional post do it. If the thread should be reopened, reopen it. I suspect that when you do post in closed thread, it is becuase you don't notice that it was closed. Please try to be more...
  18. SteveColes

What happened to the old picnic threads?

I have made them invisible. Why? Becuase as the time came for me to make more detailed arrangements, I found the whole thin was getting confusing for me and others. Especially, who was bringing what and how much:BangHead: So all the old threads have been made invisible, though I have copied...
  19. DaveO

Splitting Threads???

There is a thread running now that started off as a review of a wood dealer and has evolved into a how to pick, chose, buy wood. It is a great candidate to be split so the great information about shopping for wood isn't lost in a thread that it really doesn't pertain to. How do you split a...
  20. Ryan

When to delete threads

In the description of a moderator it said somewhere that one of their jobs was to remove threads that had become dead. My question is, when would you consider it dead? A thread from 6 months ago that nobody has replied on in several months may still be helpful to someone looking for a certain...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS