When to delete threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
In the description of a moderator it said somewhere that one of their jobs was to remove threads that had become dead. My question is, when would you consider it dead? A thread from 6 months ago that nobody has replied on in several months may still be helpful to someone looking for a certain answer to a certain question. Or would you say dead threads should be removed, and if a member has a particular question they should just start a new thread and ask it again?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Ryan,
Steve may have something else in mind but for now space doesn't seem to be an issue and the old information in most of the threads remains valuable. My vote would be to let them stand for now and focus on any innapropriate activity.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
IMO threads that are period specific, like the one relating to members meeting up at the Charlotte ww'ing show can be considered dead a few weeks after that period has passed. Ones like that can be deleted. My .02, Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Good points from both Steve and Dave. Most remain valuable while some are time specific. I guess we can always toss them into moderation to discuss before we delete any completely.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
No, that post (here) said to close threads that are dead, not delete them! Although personally I don't see why we should do much of either. I suppose Buy & Sell items that have sold could be closed... but those kinds of threads always die a natural death anyway - no real reason to intervene. :)

cskipper

Cathy
I agree with leaving them be since space is not a problem. Some forums don't have much there at all, let alone "active" . The ones that die a natural death - due to timig like the Charlotte show could be closed when the event is passed. I haven't checked though, if it is closed is it really not viewable or just can't be responded to?

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I am with Monty on this one. No need to create extra work if there is not a need to. Just let nature take its course.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I'll Agree with Monty, with only one modification. Anything that is time specific that is Sticky should at least be unstickied.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
Ok, I'm glad to see everyone agrees, the only threads that need closed are those which were time specific. I had just been thinking that there may be a space issue, or somthing of that nature that would call for dead threads to be closed or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS