Search results

1. Timmy

Edge glue ups

I don't know what length you are using, but I usually try to place cauls every 2 feet.
  2. Timmy

Not feeling the love for pocket screws

I enjoy using pocket holes when I can if there is limited time.
  3. Timmy

Tool gloat - Grizzly G8027 Dust Collector

Nice score for $50. Looks to be in really well maintained shape.
  4. Timmy

Edge glue ups

You could also do dowels. With biscuits and dowels you aren't trying to add strength, just helping with alignment I believe. You really don't need either if you clamp with something keeping the 5 boards from bowing inbetween the clamps.
  5. Timmy

Sometimes we just get lucky

Glad you found your loved ones twin....and in brand new condition too.
  6. Timmy

Millers Fall and Stanley Block Plane Restoration

I got a Millers Falls 1455B and Stanley 103 plane restore and taking shavings. These were fairly easy restorations. View more pics here.
  7. Timmy

Howdy fellow saw dust creators!

Welcome and I must say, those are some beautiful flutes.
  8. Timmy

Gave myself a (workholding) wedgie

Have you seen a birdsmouth, great for holding boards for edge joining. There is also another good jig involving a bench dog, holdfast and batton. Works great for holding wood while planing.
  9. Timmy

Disston backsaw circa 1876

I will give you triple what you paid.... Very nice find. I wish I could find some like that.
  10. Timmy

Bowl Gouge Build

The other day I had mentioned I was on the look out for a new bowl gouge to start turning tools, I had some great responses and different companies to look at. The other night I was in the shop bored and saw a piece of steel that I have had for a while doing nothing. It was originally used to...
  11. Timmy

saw till

Nice till. How high will you mount that on the wall when you get the cleats in? Do they hit each other when you place them in there slots?
  12. Timmy

Handplane useage workshop May?

I am interested. Just need to know the date.
  13. Timmy

Looking for bowl gouge

This past year i started turning. I have made a couple bowls not knowing I was using the wrong tool. Do any of you have experience with the woodriver bowl gouges or any other on the cheaper side of money?
  14. Timmy

Plow Plane Restoration

Works nice. A lot sharper than when it came to me. The fence is solid as well which is a plus. Sometimes they are damaged or cracked.
  15. Timmy

Plow Plane Restoration

I have had this plow plane for a while now. It doesnt have any makers mark or anything, but it looked to be a good user. I have an upcoming build that I saw a perfect opportunity to use this on, so I took some time to bring it back to life.
  16. Timmy

Klingspor or Woodcraft

Klingspor as well. I enjoy going into that store more and also woodcraft closed their store local to me.
  17. Timmy

Walnut Winding Sticks

Thank you.
  18. Timmy

Router Bit Storage

Re: Rouer Bit Storage I store them out of their package in a portable tray in a draw that is in the router table. If I am using the plunge router i can take the tray out to where i am using it. The trays usually stay in the table though.
  19. Timmy

Walnut Winding Sticks

Thanks. My next goal is to make a box with some of the same logs. Maybe a serving tray as well.
  20. Timmy

Walnut Winding Sticks

Would you put a strip across the entire top or just a small section? I haven't seen any with an entire op difference, that is why i have just the dowel inlay.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS