Search results

1. D

Glu-Bot

I started out using it wrong. I finally realized it was easier to squeeze it while it was vertical, release the squeeze, then tilt it to apply (squeezing gently). Then I finally liked it.
  2. D

Makita 18v Track Saw - 6.5" with 2 Batteries and Track - $200 (Charlotte, NC) GONE

Wow, that is a great price. I bought a Makita SP6000J (plug-in) for $200 from a lady that said she'd gotten it as part of the contents of an Amazon return pallet. The track was in its case, and it perfect condition, but the track was mangled. I looked into buying an Amazon return pallet but...
  3. D

Rash after cleaning table saw top

Absolutely certain. I live in a townhouse so I don't have to do yard work. I can't be 100% sure, but the marks on my legs is where I remember putting my hand, and where I'd rubbed through my jeans instead of scratching. The picture shows the affected areas after they've been healing (a lot)...
  4. D

Was it indicative of an issue with skin, or some other seemingly unrelated health issue? My skin is pink now, where it was the most affected, but otherwise I look and feel normal. I'll contact a local dermatologist (versus telemedicine call) to have an in-person look-see. I have to say that...
  5. D

I ended up buying a used SawStop CNS when I was quite literally irritated. Not sure if it was a good deal, but the wife was on board with the idea of having additional safety as well as a much cleaner table surface. I have yet to do anything with it, but am about to start cleaning it - with...
  6. D

Thanks, Donn. I'm feeling so much better now: most importantly, no itching or pain. The pictures above were from a few days ago. It still looks rough, but I feel fine now, other than the skin being a little sensitive. I will follow up with a dermatologist, though.
  7. D

It spread like poison ivy, so very doubtful it was from mites. Fleas and mosquitos leave welts on me, but my allergic reaction wasn't anything like bug bites, and it didn't get bad until a week later, when I put on the same pants I had been wearing. I think I had put my hands in my pants...
  8. D

Once I clear up I'll try a dab in a clear and previously unaffected spot to see. If I try now, I'll wonder if it spread from the original source. I had WD-40 all over my hands, washed them well, then put on nitrile gloves. My hands weren't affected, only what wasn't in the gloves. I rarely...
  9. D

Nope, no lawn or garden work at all. Correction from a previous post: I used nitrile gloves, not neoprene. I've read that nitrile does protect against urushiol. And something interesting I found is that rubber gloves don't protect from urushiol. I'll be buying different longer gloves for...
  10. D

The prior owner said he only cut pine, fir, oak, and maple. I know, not exactly a specific list, but I doubt he was using anything more exotic than home center wood. I forgot to ask about cleaners, but since the table top was so rusty, I doubt he was using anything at all. And thanks...
  11. D

I've asked what was cut on the table saw via FB Messenger; waiting for an answer. I think the poultice I'd made last night really started a good job of drawing out the allergen, based on how it looks now. I'm hoping that's a good thing. There's pressure from the fluid, but it's just under the...
  12. D

It looks worse today (blisters), but I'll spare you the gore. I did do a telemedicine session with a dermatologist yesterday evening, so I now have some Clobetasol (steroid) and Mupirocin (antibiotic) ointments. I had to wait to this morning to pick up the ointments, so last night I did an old...
  13. D

The allergic reaction is pretty severe, to the point I can't sleep well due to the itching and the pain from the pressure of the blisters. The irritant between the glove and skin doesn't seem plausible because the rash started where there was no contact with the glove. It's been 8 days and...
  14. D

I've used these gloves frequently. The rash is above where the gloves stop, but spread down to the wrist, but not past the wrist line.
  15. D

Has anyone ever received a rash that appears and feels like it's from poison ivy/oak after cleaning a table saw top? Last week Tuesday, I scrubbed down a recently bought Craftsman 113 using WD-40 and a Scotch-Brite pad to remove the surface rust. I had worn neoprene gloves. Afterward, I...
  16. D

SOLD: Kreg ACS system: plunge/track saw, 2 tracks, ACS-TTOP, accessories

A differentiator of the Kreg track saw is that the saw's blade is on the left side, which I found natural to use by pushing with my right hand. Most other brands have their blades on the right side. Another thing different is that the tracks are 62" long, whereas most other tracks are 55"...
  17. D

SOLD: Kreg ACS system: plunge/track saw, 2 tracks, ACS-TTOP, accessories

** SOLD ** [ on 2023-04-05 ] Includes: Kreg ACS plunge/track saw (with riving knife and splinter guard for the waste side of the cut) - 12A, cuts 2-1/8" at 90 degrees w/ original 48-tooth blade (still cuts well) 2 tracks (62" each, with connector, for 124" total length) project table top...
  18. D

Rustic cherry

Here are some pictures of the rustic cherry. Three sample boards - first in reach. These are probably representative of the rest, on average. Someone will be by to take first dibs on Monday, and a second person is in queue. Thanks for looking, .bob

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS