Yup, more Online Users updates.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
These are minor.

First, I must apologize and retract my statements about "Buddies" being the new name for "Contacts". I was wrong. So, when speaking to friends, family and stuffed animals please use the term "Contacts".

Here is the "Contacts" page where you can view/manage your Contacts:

contactspage.jpg

View image in gallery

You can now access your Contacts page in two ways.

1. The drop down menu for "Community" in the reddish-brown bar at the top of the page has a "Contacts" item.

2. If you have added "Contacts", in the "NCWWers Online" box you will see the words "-- Contacts: n". Contacts in this box title is also now a clickable link to the Contacts page.

I highlighted both options in this screenshot:

Enjoy?

Jim

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Jim, I guess I have missed something :icon_scra- what is the advantage of one having a "contacts" list - If you want to contact someone can't you just send them a PM

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thats a good question.

For now, its a short cut.

Lets pretend you have a list of 9 Contacts.

On our new NCWWers Users box you see that the title says "Contacts: 5". Curious to know who is logged in, you open the box.

Wow, you see that one of your favorite Contacts, Norm Underhill, is logged into the site. So, you click on the "PM" next to his name. That takes you right into a PM already addressed to Norm Underhill.

I believe a new direction for forums is to increase real time social interaction (through chats, calls, games, etc). Contacts is part of that.

Others who use it might do a better job of sharing how they use it.

Jim

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thats a good question.

For now, its a short cut.

Lets pretend you have a list of 9 Contacts.

On our new NCWWers Users box you see that the title says "Contacts: 5". Curious to know who is logged in, you open the box.

Wow, you see that one of your favorite Contacts, Norm Underhill, is logged into the site. So, you click on the "PM" next to his name. That takes you right into a PM already addressed to Norm Underhill.

I believe a new direction for forums is to increase real time social interaction (through chats, calls, games, etc). Contacts is part of that.

Others who use it might do a better job of sharing how they use it.

Jim

Thanks Jim I will try this out and see what it does:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS