Woodworking-Galleries members picture Movement progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have the started the process. Be patient, a lot of this will have to be done manually. I am in the process of deleting all pictures and members who did not reply that they were still using the site. I have to get the DB cut down to a more manually manageable size.

While I am sure I can move all the pictures, what I am not sure is whether not I will be able to completely preserve you invidual abum structures. More on this later.

Back to work.:eusa_danc

HardRock

New User
Gil
Dang, guess I've been away too long!

Time flys when your working like crazy and have way too many other projects!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
All the prep work has been done at WWG. Hopefully pictures will be moved later in the day or tomorrow.:eusa_pray :eusa_pray

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have just hit a major problem in doing it the way I had thought. Please read you email asap, I have just sent you an email presenting the options and I need your replies via ASAP

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Even after a gracious consenion by the WWG, I have still had problems, making the move.

I discovered late this afternoon finding out that the versions of Photopost on both were too different to make the move. :BangHead: So I spent this early evening updating both sites to photopost 5.62. NCWW was at 5.5 and WWG was at 5.3.:slap: :slap: :slap:

I'm a bit fried, so I will attempt the move again in the morning. It should go much smoother:eusa_pray :eusa_pray :eusa_pray

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The move of photos is done.:eusa_danc With the exception of the following people:
JoeLyddon
deercreekgifts
photog
johnpipe108
KC7CN

all appears well. If are not one of the above mentioned people. please check and see if you got what you were expecting. All of your titles decriptions, etc should be intact. Please let me know in this thread, if there are any problems that I didn't catch.

For the five people, I have mentioned above, your pictures are across, but the database records are out of sync, becuase of typos I made in the SQL script.

I should have that fixed by tomorrow noon.

To be frank, I'm fried, so it is better to do it in the morning after I have had a full night's sleep. Otherwise there will be just more typos.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
The move of photos is done.:eusa_danc With the exception of the following people:
JoeLyddon
deercreekgifts
photog
johnpipe108
KC7CN

all appears well. If are not one of the above mentioned people. please check and see if you got what you were expecting. All of your titles decriptions, etc should be intact. Please let me know in this thread, if there are any problems that I didn't catch.

For the five people, I have mentioned above, your pictures are across, but the database records are out of sync, becuase of typos I made in the SQL script.

To be frank, I'm fried, so it is better to do it in the morning after I have had a full night's sleep. Otherwise there will be just more typos.

Steve,

Thank you for trying... hope you got a good nights sleep...

sjashinski

New User
Scott Jashinski
Great job Steve. You continue to go above and beyond the call of duty and I really appreciate your efforts. I have been exploring this new site and have found lots of great information. I am sure it won't take long before I start asking questions here :)

Thanks again.

docksider

New User
dock
Steve,
My photos are all there and in good shape. Some don't come up large when clicked. They seem to be those with two file size links. I'm not worried about it. I can work with it. I'm overdue to sort, update, delete. etc.

Thanks for all you do.

docksider

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,
My photos are all there and in good shape. Some don't come up large when clicked. They seem to be those with two file size links. I'm not worried about it. I can work with it. I'm overdue to sort, update, delete. etc.

Thanks for all you do.

docksider
The maintenance routine that creates the various sizes, was taking too long and would time out. So some didn't get done. As soon as I have a sleepless night, I 'll remove the timeout and let it run to completion.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
JoeLyddon
deercreekgifts
photog
johnpipe108
KC7CN

ALL pictures are now visible, thumbnails are built and the process of creating the "medium" images has been started. The "medium" image is the one built when you picture was bigger that 800 x 800. So until that it is finished, the deafault picture in your gallery may be showing, but the original will be.

There were 270 pictures that were not being shown last night, but they are there no including a few that were from othe members that I mention above. The rebuilding of the mediums is a cpu intensive process and may take several hours. It will also slow down the respons time of the server.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,

Thanks for all you do.

docksider
fix currently in process:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS