Woodsmith Shop starts second season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
It's broadcast on WUNCED in the triangle, which isn't carried by Directv. Which of the various signal providers carry this program? I'd love to watch it, and I'd love even more to ditch Directv.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
It's broadcast on WUNCED in the triangle, which isn't carried by Directv. Which of the various signal providers carry this program? I'd love to watch it, and I'd love even more to ditch Directv.

Dan,

Good 'ol Time Warner are running it every Thursday A.M. on UNCED at 10:30.

Wayne

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I can get it using my spiffy new digital TV antenna. You should too. Blow up yer satellite box!

thrytis

New User
Eric
I can get it using my spiffy new digital TV antenna. You should too. Blow up yer satellite box!

Are you picking up UNC-ED? What channel is it? I just see UNC-TV (58.1), UNC-KD (58.2), and UNC-NC (58.3). Do i need to play with my antenna more?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Eric is correct:embaresse I'm stupid!
I'm getting WTVI-ED (Char-Meck. School System PBS) over digital not WUNC-ED. I get confused with all this digital stuff in my advancing years. I still remember black and white TVs and only 2 channels available in Charlotte...well 3 if you count fuzzy channel 8 in High Point with my brother holding on to the antenna wire :rotflm:

The show gets recorded onto my DVR and it's there if anyone wants to come over and watch.

Any Scientific Atlanta DVR 8300-HD w/Passport Echo (Time Warner's DVR) software hackers out there? The box has a USB port. (Nothing illegal now:nah:) I would love to get a back-up copy in digital (not VHS) of all my shows.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I have DTV and they don't broadcast UNC-ED digital. They are very inflexible.

Dan C.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
UNC-ED!...10:30 am...so I have to be retired, and have digital cable to get this show...or a digital recorder to catch it later. *sigh*

I'm running out of reasons to not upgrade to digital cable.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Any Scientific Atlanta DVR 8300-HD w/Passport Echo (Time Warner's DVR) software hackers out there? The box has a USB port. (Nothing illegal now:nah:) I would love to get a back-up copy in digital (not VHS) of all my shows.

Good luck with the hack, Mark!
The 8300HD also has two firewire (1394) ports and an esata port . . . but you cannot use them if you are using TW Mystro software. If you are lucky enough to be using the SARA software you can add an external hard drive. TigerDirect advertises a DVR compatible external hard drive, but it only works with SARA software. Many folks have tried and failed :BangHead:

Roger

BTW, setup my 8300HD DVR to record Woodsmith last year and it automatically started recording it again this year :icon_scra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors