Woodline Parallel Clamps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Woodline is now offering what looks to be a really nice parallel clamp comparable to the Bessey and Jet offerings, with some additional features like padded clamps and adjustable tightening bar that bends 90 degrees.

Anyone used these? How do they really compare to a Bessey? Clamping pressure adequate?

http://www.woodline.com/c-248-parallel-clamps.aspx

wolthuis.aspx

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I don't know why they wouldn't work well. It's about time they start coming down in price anyway, they've been overpriced for a while.

Jimmy:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Don't know anything about them, but I like that they offer a couple extra inches of capacity. I don't know how many times I needed that extra inch!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I looked at and hefted some at a WW show last fall. If you really need to put some pressure on your project, those bending handles really improve leverage.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
sounds interesting. I clicked on the link in Jeremy's note and got a message that the site is temporarily closed. Is there much of a difference in price between these and the Besseys?

Ray

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
sounds interesting. I clicked on the link in Jeremy's note and got a message that the site is temporarily closed. Is there much of a difference in price between these and the Besseys?

Ray

The largest ones run about $36, I believe. We'll have to see when the website comes back online.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Woodline is now offering what looks to be a really nice parallel clamp comparable to the Bessey and Jet offerings, with some additional features like padded clamps and adjustable tightening bar that bends 90 degrees.

Anyone used these? How do they really compare to a Bessey? Clamping pressure adequate?

http://www.woodline.com/c-248-parallel-clamps.aspx

wolthuis.aspx

After your recent haul, shouldn't you be in remission?:jiggy:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
After your recent haul, shouldn't you be in remission?:jiggy:

The disease is worse than ever ... 8-O ... I've been itching and the green stuff in my wallet burns. I've met the guy this disease is named after several times and if I remember correctly he had similar symptoms ... not good.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The disease is worse than ever ... 8-O ... I've been itching and the green stuff in my wallet burns. I've met the guy this disease is named after several times and if I remember correctly he had similar symptoms ... not good.

It's like a mosquito bite or poison ivy, the more you scratch it the more it itches.:twitcy::err:

It is sad that the guy it was named after has disappeared and left his throne (although it was porcelain :lol:). I think you are now the reigning champ and be titled his successor!:yes::yes:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
It's like a mosquito bite or poison ivy, the more you scratch it the more it itches.:twitcy::err:

It is sad that the guy it was named after has disappeared and left his throne (although it was porcelain :lol:). I think you are now the reigning champ and be titled his successor!:yes::yes:

There are several of us that could fill in ... but in every case I have to hope it's only temporary :goofy:. Woodguy will be back ... I'm confident. :yes:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Woodline is a co-owner of the woodworking show coming to Charlotte in March. I'm sure they will have these clamps at their booth for us to try out. Based on some recent articles in one of the woodworking magazines (FWW I think?) we're probably not using enough pressure AND not using enough clamps when we do edge glue ups....Mary Ann sighs and says "You need more what?":lol:. I would imagine you could really crank the Woodline clamps down...especially as we get older and Mr. Arthritis decides to hang out in our hands and wrists. Not sure how square the clamp faces stay to the bar under a lot of pressure but worth looking at.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Woodline is a co-owner of the woodworking show coming to Charlotte in March. I'm sure they will have these clamps at their booth for us to try out. Based on some recent articles in one of the woodworking magazines (FWW I think?) we're probably not using enough pressure AND not using enough clamps when we do edge glue ups....Mary Ann sighs and says "You need more what?":lol:. I would imagine you could really crank the Woodline clamps down...especially as we get older and Mr. Arthritis decides to hang out in our hands and wrists. Not sure how square the clamp faces stay to the bar under a lot of pressure but worth looking at.

Good point. I'll wait until then and probably get a better price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS